Bing No Longer the 4th Leading Global Search Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Zak Islam seems to be the number one hater of competitors of Apple. I'm near finished reading these articles from him. Why do I keep clicking these links.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]NoOneParticular[/nom]Zak Islam seems to be the number one hater of competitors of Apple. I'm near finished reading these articles from him. Why do I keep clicking these links.[/citation]
I don't think he's a real person but a pseudo contributor created by TH to fan flames in the comments section.

G

I feel bad for microsoft burning billions on Bing, yet no dent in the market. The only time i used Bing was Bing cashback from fall 2008-summer 2010, other than that, nothing would persuade me.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
In case you haven't realized, Yahoo search is powered by Bing. So those 2 should really combine and effectively make Bing 3rd, shouldn't it?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]NoOneParticular[/nom]Zak Islam seems to be the number one hater of competitors of Apple. I'm near finished reading these articles from him. Why do I keep clicking these links.[/citation]
In his defense...if he is a real person...there was no mention of Apple in this title, nor the article. But you can bet money that every article with the name Apple in it (particularly pro-Apple) is by Zak Islam...if that is a real person. I only click on Apple articles because I enjoy reading the anti-Apple hate comments...and occasionally making a few, myself. :D I especially enjoy reading everytime Apple loses to its competitors for any reason...particularly in patents.

teamcarlisle

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
How did Bing ever make it to the top 4 in the first place. Its a horrible search engine. I'm a microsoft fanboy, I love everything about them, except Bing. Sometimes I wonder if they even use their own search engine...

G

No love for duckduckgo? It' doesn't track you, and it's not a popularity contest like google's crappy ranking system.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]In his defense...if he is a real person...there was no mention of Apple in this title, nor the article. But you can bet money that every article with the name Apple in it (particularly pro-Apple) is by Zak Islam.[/citation]The editors specialize in specific markets. Zak appears to specialize in Apple which has become much more significant to the technological market in the last decade.

Regarding trolling - the Apple and Linux fans have been taking it easy while watching the Windows fans battle it out over Win8/Metro/Surface. The fact that such a battle is occurring is itself interesting in light of the stagnation of the PC market.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I actually like Bing. I've made something like $120 in Amazon gift cards through Bing Rewards just for doing my daily searches. I've compared it and Google side by side and there's really very little difference, so of course I go with the engine that helps fund my love for video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.