Another one bots the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
And another bot rises to fill the vacuum...

(Nothing wrong with taking down bot nets though. Gotta keep reminding the operators to stay on their toes)

G

Sadly the bot net is all M$ Operating systems.
So M$ obviously have an interest in trying to remove this problem.
I can see why more people move to Unix computers, eg: mac, ubuntu android, red hat..etc

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jump123jump[/nom]Sadly the bot net is all M$ Operating systems.So M$ obviously have an interest in trying to remove this problem.I can see why more people move to Unix computers, eg: mac, ubuntu android, red hat..etc[/citation]

Because the other OSes have MUCH smaller market-share in laptops and desktops. Why spend 24 hours programming for an attack on 5% of the computers when the 24 hours could be used on 95% of the computers.

Big attracts big attention.

G

Sorry but Unix is by far the biggest operating system in the world.
it is in virtually every device you use.
M$ windows I estimate be lucky to only cover 1% of what is out there. (somebody please produce the numbers). eg: modems, white-goods, alarms, phones, computers, cars, toys..etc
It is in the air you breath, it is in the garbage you help the landlord take out, it is in your taxes.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]jump23451jump[/nom]Sorry but Unix is by far the biggest operating system in the world.it is in virtually every device you use.M$ windows I estimate be lucky to only cover 1% of what is out there. (somebody please produce the numbers). eg: modems, white-goods, alarms, phones, computers, cars, toys..etcIt is in the air you breath, it is in the garbage you help the landlord take out, it is in your taxes.[/citation]
Botnets are run from ordinary desktop and laptops because average consumers (and I mean all, even you Linux and Mac users) are rather ignorant and more likely to fall to them. When it comes to desktop and Laptop OS then Linux and Mac are not in the running Windows owns it completely and that is why Botnets target them. Yea, Linux might be used in microwaves, and alarms, and refrigerators but most of those aren't connected to the net and can't be reprogrammed to begin with so are worthless and shouldn't even be brought into this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.