Sony Gamifies the Wake Up Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Actually sounds pretty clever. Being able to "troll" people within seconds of waking up will certainly appeal to a few people.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]mazty[/nom]Actually sounds pretty clever. Being able to "troll" people within seconds of waking up will certainly appeal to a few people.[/citation]
Yes I agree. I don't think I'd snooze as much if I got to eff with a few people first thing in the morning.

Would it be too much to ask for an Android version?

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
i take over an hour maybe 2, tho im in bed for like 8 hours max also takes me quite a while to get to sleep 1-2 hours, so im only sleeping for like 5 hours.... its what u get for being on a psychotic stimulant 180mg of Methylphenidate for 12 years straight.... makes u have terribad insomnia, nothing u can do to fix it either, exersize, gym, do boring things, NOPE.... and u never feel tired.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]Yes I agree. I don't think I'd snooze as much if I got to eff with a few people first thing in the morning.Would it be too much to ask for an Android version?[/citation]

+1 to that :) give me an android version :D

innocent bystander

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Hahahaha. Do people actually have that hard of a time waking up?[/citation]

Ask my wife that. Depending on the time of day you may get a verbal 2x4 in your face, or a real one.

IB

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I normally turn off the alarm with my eyes closed. I'm not sure how this would work. My head is the last part of my body that wants to get out of bed.
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Hahahaha. Do people actually have that hard of a time waking up?[/citation]During the week, absolutely. You think I want to leave fantasy land to go deal with Linux compatibility issues, Windows update glitches, pointy-haired bosses, the coworker who doesn't bathe or use deodorant, and people who can't drive? While I'm asleep I'm an action movie hero, a huge beast such as a dragon, or I can do things I normally wouldn't do in real life. I can fly on a spaceship, hunt villagers from a mountaintop, or participate in movie-style high speed police chases. Real life (that thing after you wake up) just isn't as good!

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I just bought a cheap used netbook and use Windows' built in task scheduler to play an appropriate song at high volume with good speakers.

For me it's World's Collide by Apocalyptica. It's actually perfect, because it starts out quiet, but load enough to hear (since I have the volume cranked up) then crashes down on you with four cellos in an instant.

It's a race to get out of bed and close Windows Media Player on the other side of the room. Gets me out of bed every time, and fast too.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]visa[/nom]Yes I agree. I don't think I'd snooze as much if I got to eff with a few people first thing in the morning.Would it be too much to ask for an Android version?[/citation]
Buy a Fitbit and a Zeo. I did.

Fitbit = Pedometer, enter in foods you eat and sleep tracker. Sleep tracker acts like an on/off switch, assumes you're asleep or not asleep by your movement. Not the best method to track your sleep.

Zeo = Sleep tracker. Tracks Light/REM/Deep Sleep and # of times you wake up. YMMV, or so I've heard. I've had no problems but I hear you're suppose to replace the headband every few months. I will, eventually. I've had mine nearly a year.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]i take over an hour maybe 2, tho im in bed for like 8 hours max also takes me quite a while to get to sleep 1-2 hours, so im only sleeping for like 5 hours.... its what u get for being on a psychotic stimulant 180mg of Methylphenidate for 12 years straight.... makes u have terribad insomnia, nothing u can do to fix it either, exersize, gym, do boring things, NOPE.... and u never feel tired.[/citation]

That's because is because it's essentially a milder form of cocaine....

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Someone needs to tell Sony that after a marathon gaming session that ends at 3AM, not many people are going jump out of bed too early all bright and cheery and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.