Facebook Launches Revamped, Faster Android App

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
And yet the app STILL turns on my GPS after I have had it disabled, keeping it from being disabled short of a reboot. Been having this problem FOREVER. I'll still be using the web version for my phone, thank you.

ltdementhial

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
im using "Fast" for facebook instead theyre app since my phone (LG GT540) has only 180mb of ram, i will try the new one because HTLM5 runs smooth on my cellphone i don't have support for Adobe Flash in my phone but a mooder made an port from the html5 from Android 4.1 to my phone and they work better that the shitty Flash.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]twisted politiks[/nom]And yet the app STILL turns on my GPS after I have had it disabled, keeping it from being disabled short of a reboot. Been having this problem FOREVER. I'll still be using the web version for my phone, thank you.[/citation]
I've run the app on three different smartphones and it never once activated or used gps

geost91gr

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Bradley Horowitz, Google+'s VP of product, had recently stressed that Facebook is a "social network of the past", and that its intrusive advertisements are "pissing off users".

That "social network of the past" has aboout ten times the users you have. Plus, it seems unlikely you'll ever catch up. With all respect I have towards Google as a company.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Very happy with the app update. Much faster and smoother on my Galaxy Note II. The old version was terrible and had to wait forever for the screen to refresh.

Much more useful now.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
One of the biggest reasons why I am happy with my new phone it allows me to disable Facebook app. Freaking them was bloatware in the past and I still consider it now, it annoys me that phone carriers bundle it with the phone and won't let you disable it. I am happy Jelly Bean allows me to disable it though.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I'm on a slightly older Motorola Milestone X2, and I'm stuck with Android 2.3.5 - no Android upgrade options for me. I really appreciate the new app, it's much faster and more stable than the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.