Fugitive John McAfee Gets Arrested in Guatemala

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guatemala's rank in the corruption index; 113 out of 174

Belize; Unlisted. (But honduras is ranked 133 out of 174)

What exactly was McAfee expecting to happen? Need I say more?

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]JustPosting92[/nom]Guatemala's rank in the corruption index; 113 out of 174Belize; Unlisted. (But honduras is ranked 133 out of 174)What exactly was McAfee expecting to happen? Need I say more?[/citation]
Just because he's a billionaire it doesn't negate the possibility that he may, in fact, be guilty. It could be either way so I wouldn't scratch the possibility that he did the murder. (sh1t can happen if you're high or drunk)

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Wikipedia says he was denied his asylum, he was taken from his holding facility to a detention center in order to await deportation to Belize. On December 6, he was taken to a hospital after having a heart attack at a Guatemalan detention center.

G

I don't understand why anybody would choose to take a permanent residence in the 3rd world. The only reasons for a billionaire to choose that route are:

1. He's doing some seriously dirty dealings involving money or contraband
2. He's doing something awful he could never get away with here (like in the movie 'Hostel')
3. He took the Tea Party's "cheering for 1 trillion dollars a year in military spending while not wanting to be personally responsible for paying for any of it" position a little to seriously.
4. He has sold millions of people crappy-ass antivirus software and fears they're out to get him
5. He sold his crappy antivirus company to another company and is now worried they are going to want their money back

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"police in Belize say there is no warrant for McAfee's arrest"

OK, so if they are not 'out to get him' than what was the basis for him being chased by Interpol and his subsequent arrest?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"police in Belize say there is no warrant for McAfee's arrest"OK, so if they are not 'out to get him' than what was the basis for him being chased by Interpol and his subsequent arrest?[/citation]

local police branch wanted money, killed the poorer of the two men, thats what i think.

[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]Just because he's a billionaire it doesn't negate the possibility that he may, in fact, be guilty. It could be either way so I wouldn't scratch the possibility that he did the murder. (sh1t can happen if you're high or drunk)[/citation]

yea its possible, but because of the country i would never say he is guilty unless a 3rd party nation did the investagation too.

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
don't understand why anybody would choose to take a permanent residence in the 3rd world. The only reasons for a billionaire to choose that route are:
The reason that I can think of is that it is easy to get the drugs that he is addicted to in Belize, and the drugs are cheap there, a consideration even if you are a millionaire.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
"On the lam" is a very interesting expression I've never heard before.

Everywhere else in the article "on the run" is used instead...weird.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]How did this guy not know about location metadata? He created McAfee Antivirus, didn't he?[/citation]Wait... nevermind. I just answered my own question.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Don't spammers get banned anymore?Anyone?Jane?[/citation]

Yes, spammers get banned. I spend way too much of my time banning jerks clogging up the comments section. I can't be here all the time. Rest assured, I ban tons of them every single day.

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
[citation][nom]McAfan[/nom]I don't understand why anybody would choose to take a permanent residence in the 3rd world. The only reasons for a billionaire to choose that route are:1. He's doing some seriously dirty dealings involving money or contraband2. He's doing something awful he could never get away with here (like in the movie 'Hostel')3. He took the Tea Party's "cheering for 1 trillion dollars a year in military spending while not wanting to be personally responsible for paying for any of it" position a little to seriously.4. He has sold millions of people crappy-ass antivirus software and fears they're out to get him5. He sold his crappy antivirus company to another company and is now worried they are going to want their money back[/citation]

I'd go with number 2.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Yes, spammers get banned. I spend way too much of my time banning jerks clogging up the comments section. I can't be here all the time. Rest assured, I ban tons of them every single day.[/citation]

what's the cost of a captcha app put into this site? i don't understand what the problem is with implementing one to free up more time for better journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.