Windows 8, RT to Receive First Security Patches Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Imagine the Airline or car manufacturers had that many 'security' issues. We'd scream bloddy murder.
Win 8 is just out the door and it already begins to turn into Swiss Cheese; holes everywhere.

:-(

G

@freggo imagine if car mfg gave updates that made your car perform better, for free!

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Imagine the Airline or car manufacturers had that many 'security' issues. We'd scream bloddy murder.Win 8 is just out the door and it already begins to turn into Swiss Cheese; holes everywhere.:-([/citation]
The update is for all Windows OS's currently supported. The question is, why did they bother posting this here. Since when do they make articles about past patches?

In addition to Windows 8, the fixes applies to other major Windows versions, including XP, Vista, Windows 7, in addition to Server 2003, 2008 and 2012.

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
@freggo
W8 is just 7 with a new UI, and they are very well-accomplished and secure OSes.. I get the feeling you just don't like Metro/App store..

[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]The question is, why did they bother posting this here. Since when do they make articles about past patches?[/citation]

Yeah, It's just another patch... :/

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]btcstore33[/nom]input this URL:( http://www.nyan.cat/ )you can find many cheap and high stuffBelieve you will love it.WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENTYOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!![/citation]

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
when will they remove the restrictions for built-in admin account in win8? none of my gfwl pc games will run due to live not working under built-in admin account. i have no idea if it works in non-built-in admin account since i never use non-built-in admin account for my home pcs. borderlands 2 won't launch. no metro apps will run either. :(

we going backwards, microsoft with windows 8 by removing power users' freedom? :p

hopefully, some hackers will figure out how to remove all the restrictions placed on the built-in admin account. i mean that's the whole point of being a power user and using the built-in admin account. we power users don't want any stinkin' restrictions. :)

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
AHA! Glad I'm using MS Office 2000 then!

My next upgrade will probably also be Libre Office. MS introduced the ribbon. I hate the ribbon. Besides, I have tried Libre and it is nice.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]The update is for all Windows OS's currently supported. The question is, why did they bother posting this here. Since when do they make articles about past patches?[/citation]
Look whos the author of this 'story'. Is it any surprise that non-worthwhile news is being reported as news to get a few hits.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Imagine the Airline or car manufacturers had that many 'security' issues. We'd scream bloddy murder.Win 8 is just out the door and it already begins to turn into Swiss Cheese; holes everywhere.:-([/citation]
Agree, Windows is a FED co-authored Swiss Cheese OS

Status
Not open for further replies.