Windows 7 Increases Lead Over XP in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

zubai

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
I'm not surprise. As a regular user, the main advantage (at least for me), Windows 7 stability is light-years better than XP. As for Windows 8.. I dunno man.. *smh*

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Well, I have Windows on both my PC and laptop, and I advise all my friends and relatives to use it too.

My two cents though: Most metro apps can be useless on the desktop. Only a select few of them are a bit interesting/usefull, at least, up to this point, and the respective apps being free.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
If just XP and 7 already comprise 80+% of the market not including all the other Windows versions still in use, one certainly can't say that Microsoft is doing poorly.

Thomas Creel

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
I remember the days when Windows XP came out, favorite OS almost instantly. Now Windows 8 and it's not bad ( thinking about upgrading myself ) but it certainly isn't a game changer and shows no real advantage over last generation OS.

G

I bought a windows 7 license before the win 8 launch. I intend to upgrade an XP computer with it, but not yet. I bought it just in case win 7 becomes suddenly unavailable. Am i counted as a win 7 user? :)

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]Thomas Creel[/nom]I remember the days when Windows XP came out, favorite OS almost instantly. Now Windows 8 and it's not bad ( thinking about upgrading myself ) but it certainly isn't a game changer and shows no real advantage over last generation OS.[/citation]
thats funny, I moved from win2K and absolutely hated XP when it came out. It was litterally 2K with a new interface... and that was it at the time. No added features until the service packs.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Torp[/nom]I bought a windows 7 license before the win 8 launch. I intend to upgrade an XP computer with it, but not yet. I bought it just in case win 7 becomes suddenly unavailable. Am i counted as a win 7 user?[/citation]
Um, no?

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]Thomas Creel[/nom]I remember the days when Windows XP came out, favorite OS almost instantly. Now Windows 8 and it's not bad ( thinking about upgrading myself ) but it certainly isn't a game changer and shows no real advantage over last generation OS.[/citation]not really, if u recall back then its diff NT base kernel vs the win9x actually break more compatibility things than Vista, 7, 8 combined. Yet at the end of the day a few years after that, people finally adopting it. For every major changes in windows we always got people dont like it. If u ask me the least hater is win7 as it is actually FIXED version of Vista. As Vista was bad enough to begin with = make win7 look good.

csf60

Honorable
May 11, 2012
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]So let me use logic hereIf XP = Win 7 Vista = Win 8Then Win 9 must = Awesome[/citation]

I doubt it because they don't seem to be giving up the idea of a touchscreen desktop.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]csf60[/nom]I doubt it because they don't seem to be giving up the idea of a touchscreen desktop.[/citation]not until someone come out a big touch screen replace the keyboard

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]So let me use logic hereIf XP = Win 7 Vista = Win 8Then Win 9 must = Awesome[/citation]
That is not logic, that is assumption...

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
the headline result is to be expected. what i'm more interested at is the rate of adoption of win8. i know it just launched a few days back, but aside from that 4m sold in first 3 days boast, there seems to be little news on how well win8 is selling. unlike win7 when it first came out.

G

Wait, wait wait! Didn't Tom's just post an article last week that claimed that Windows XP was at some BS figure like 12% or something? Now Tom's is posting the correct ratios....?

Man this site confuses the hell out of me sometimes.

DragFire24

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
I just hope Windows 7 will continue to be supported by Microsoft for much more years to come. It's the best and I think it will be the last of its kind. At home and at work, it is awesome.

Some of my friends like having OSes like Ubuntu and other Linux based OS... But in the end they always have Windows 7 to go back to when they find obstacles on their linux. I tried ubuntu too and all I can say is that it is not bad... but just for a secondary OS if needed.

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
why is this a surprise? Win XP support is about to drop and many many companies are upgrading to 7, which is the logical choice because it's an establishes OS. Besides, windows 8 offers little for the business world. Microsoft would be smart to create a separate OS for the professional world instead of this silly, "app" driven, mickey mouse interface, suburban, ignorant consumer oriented Windows 8 garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.