14 Amazing Microsoft Kinect Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

azconnie

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Thank the collective deities someone has FINALLY mixed Natal with a light gun for FPSs. You listening Microsoft?

Anyone know where can I download the stuff for the COD:MW mod? How hard is it to adapt for other titles?

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]azconnie[/nom]Thank the collective deities someone has FINALLY mixed Natal with a light gun for FPSs. You listening Microsoft? Anyone know where can I download the stuff for the COD:MW mod? How hard is it to adapt for other titles?[/citation]

I think you're best best is to contact the guy who put up the YouTube video. I don't know his name but I'm sure his user page has more info.

-Devin Connors

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I first thought that the Kinnect was impressive, but not very useful to actual gaming. I may have been wrong.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]compton[/nom]I first thought that the Kinnect was impressive, but not very useful to actual gaming. I may have been wrong.[/citation]
Don't give up hope just yet. The hardware is impressive...we just need to give game developers time to properly utilize it. The Wii was very similar, since the majority of launch/near-launch software (first party titles excluded) wasn't anything to get pumped about.

-Devin Connors

compton

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The hardware is impressive...we just need to give game developers time to properly utilize it.

-Devin Connors

You are correct. After reading this article, I think I was premature in my assessment. I hope these hacks are embraced by both MS and developers as a source of inspiration in current and future endeavors. The current industry is a little stale, but these inventive creations might be the breath of fresh air needed to keep interest in an industry ruled by multi-platform franchises.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]azconnie[/nom]Thank the collective deities someone has FINALLY mixed Natal with a light gun for FPSs. You listening Microsoft? Anyone know where can I download the stuff for the COD:MW mod? How hard is it to adapt for other titles?[/citation]
Wow look they took a $160 camera setup and Wii remotes and turned it into a Playstation Move that does the same thing with a camera that is years older and MUCH cheaper. Props to them for a new Rube Goldberg invention.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]SlickyFats[/nom]Wow look they took a $160 camera setup and Wii remotes and turned it into a Playstation Move that does the same thing with a camera that is years older and MUCH cheaper. Props to them for a new Rube Goldberg invention.[/citation]

Is it really that much cheaper? Also the jury is still out on how hackable the Move is when combined with a computer.

franktreehill

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Amazing...Its really only the beginning of the Kinect and natural intereface technology from really breaking down the barriers. I'm excited that people are taking the time to hack this technology.

Whats even more amazing is the fact that users are beginning to make autonomously driving robots or even beginning to utilize Robots to mimic movement.

The future is here, and surprisingly Kinect and Microsot is paving the path.

G

Nice article! i wonder what happens when Microsoft releases there official drivers :) you could also look here Kinecthacks

Cheers :)

evkiss

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
check out my Kinect game "Dance 2 Music", please vote if you like it:
‪http://event.asus.com/wavi/gallery/work_content.aspx?wid=201106291‬

Status
Not open for further replies.