Sony: PS Mobile is an Attempt to Keep Brand Relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameon

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
the day when consoles are taken off the throne by tablets is the day tablets are made compatible proper controllers, have PROPER games, Proper power, a stand-up gizmo for your desk, proper connectivity, AND proper distribution otherwise its NO from me...

the screen size wont be an issue since most likely tablets will be able to connect to TVs (even today many are capable of such).

Chipi

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]Fergal Gara[/nom]smartphones and tablets have become gaming platforms, thus the gaming habits of consumers young and old are evolving at a rapid pace – faster than ever before[/citation]
No shit Sherlock!
Problem is, you're already waaay behind...

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
SONY has lost it all...they have no idea what they're doing and just trying to jump onto bandwagons instead of making good use of their IP. Frankly, i am already sick of handphone and tablet games. i am mostly playing PSP games now...despite the inferior graphics and screen, offers true console gaming experience. What they should do is to make available PS1 and PS2 games on the Android platform at low price. It'll sell by the millions, if not billions. The Xperia Play was a good idea, but wasn't supported by the software availibity. If they have even like 30% of all the top PS1 and PS2 titles on movbile, the Playstation brand will rise faster than regenerated dead zombies....No wonder SONY are going downhill while Samsung is now King of the Hills.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Yeah, some crappy casual titles isn't going to make Playstation Mobile a bulwark for keeping the Playstation brand relevant in the smartphone/tablet market. You have to put Playstation Classics on it to make anyone care. Then, after that, focus on developing some *real*, *quality* original games. Possibly tablet-compatible gaming peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.