Sega Working on New Zaxxon Title for iOS, Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Nova

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
'But after all that time, Super Zaxxon and an actual board game were the only official additions to the franchise.'

That isn't quite right. In the '90s Sega released a sequel to Zaxxon for the 32x Called Zaxxon: Motherbase, which was a pretty neat game for a pretty neat machine. I still have a cardrige somewhere. This new Zaxxon looks very nice, though :)

G

Reboots aren't necessarily bad if they remain faithful to the original and are good quality games or movies.

The problem with reboots these days are the next-genification...

G

I used to play this on my atari 2600. I absolutely hated it, yet was compulsively drawn to it via it's hypnotic sound effects, ever increasing tension, and the desire to see what new bad guys lay beyond. A sort of masochistic need to see what happens next. Fuck you zaxxon.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Super_Nova[/nom]'But after all that time, Super Zaxxon and an actual board game were the only official additions to the franchise.'That isn't quite right. In the '90s Sega released a sequel to Zaxxon for the 32x Called Zaxxon: Motherbase, which was a pretty neat game for a pretty neat machine. I still have a cardrige somewhere. This new Zaxxon looks very nice, though :)[/citation]I might have to dust off my Model 2 Genesis/Sega CD/32X "Megaconsole".

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]4745454b[/nom]Sweet. I remember playing it on my Dads Intelevision. I hope this will run on my phone.[/citation]Intellivision and Atari 2600 ports were different and somewhat inferior, even compared to other home ports. The hardware just wasn't there. The Colecovision and SG1000 ports were pretty good IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.