Report: The White House Confirms Cyber Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

right...and of course this event will be used to justify another billions spending on "cyber" security, right??

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
When I see "anonymous" in any gov. story about hacking, I start thinking it's anon when the gov. is on the reciving end of it.

What I find odd is that it is on a non-classified system yet they won't tell what it is/was. It leads me to think it was a classified or restricted system of some kind........ Or it could have been the "1st cloud" server....

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
@tims: What billions of dollars of spending? We're getting less than NASA is, and it's the most important security measure we need right now.

@Gundam: Or, they just don't care to tell you, since it doesn't matter.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
BAHAHAHA! "omgs! It was China! And they were after the nukes man!!! THE FLIPPING NUKES!!!!"

I'm not saying that the DOD is the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I think they would be smart enough to keep terminals that can initiate nuclear launch commands off of the network, or at least in an extremely isolated network.

It's pretty classic to accuse the Chinese and to go overboard with stating that it was a nuclear missile system that was hacked, but along with the statement, there goes your credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.