New Simon Cowell Reality Show to Find Next Bill Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

seels

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Lol. The idea that you can find the next Steve Jobs is just foolish. Steve was an absolute genius who invented, innovated, and made this entire world a better place. He is surely missed by us all. No one could ever compete with Steve's intellect and visionary mindset for the future, or his revolutionary Apple products he has changed the world with.

Sent from my MacBook Pro with Retina Display

beruli

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
@seels, Steve jobs was a genius at what? Everything he supposedly invented was already invented by someone else years before.

Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Lol. The idea that you can find the next Steve Jobs is just foolish. Steve was an absolute genius who invented, innovated, and made this entire world a better place. He is surely missed by us all. No one could ever compete with Steve's intellect and visionary mindset for the future, or his revolutionary Apple products he has changed the world with. Sent from my MacBook Pro with Retina Display[/citation]
Ha ha, good troll, dude... :p

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]Lol. The idea that you can find the next Steve Jobs is just foolish. Steve was an absolute thief who stole, revammped, and made this entire world a petent trolling place. He is surely missed by the sheep among us. No one could ever compete with Steve's patent portfolio full of other people's ideas and the ability to sue other competitors who inveted legitimate innovation into non existance, or his rre-hashed but well marketed Apple products he has caused legitimate harm to innovation around the world with.Sent from my collar and elash held by my corprate masters [/citation]

fixed that for ya

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
"According to the Sun Newspaper, Will.i.am is partnering with Cowell on the project, which will focus on technolgoy. "

You mean like spell-checkers?

stin4u

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
Kill me now. I can just see Will.i.am pouring over thousands of lines of code...and I can't wait to hear Simon's critique of contestants usage of regular expressions. Sigh...is nothing sacred?

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
If anyone thinks become one of them is to show off a set of houses and flashy cars, then their in no position to be the next Bill or Steve. Both just drive a Merc and it's said Bill was seen driving in a Ford Focus.

bluerhythm

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
With all the royalties he'll receive from the winner, he doesn't what to FIND the next bill gates, he wants to become him.

G

So they're going to find the next guy to have his momma get a meeting with IBM, get the deal, steal someone else's code, rename it as their own and sell it in order to establish a useless monopolist. Honey Boo Boo sounds more thrilling

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
The Sun? HAHAHA!

Ahem.

It'll end up being presented by somebody young and "hip" who's probably played Angry Birds once. Still, better than Cowell...

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
The next Bill Gates cannot be found, the next will simply be. And be born inside a rich Jewish family protected by their family lawyer and doctor.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]jhaytol[/nom]So they're going to find the next guy to have his momma get a meeting with IBM, get the deal, steal someone else's code, rename it as their own and sell it in order to establish a useless monopolist. Honey Boo Boo sounds more thrilling[/citation]
Yea, the purchase of QDOS wasn't exactly completely out in the open but MS didn't steal code. QDOS was different enough from CP/M to not be stealing code and then MS turned around and licensed MS-DOS (renamed QDOS since they now owned it) to IBM. If MS didn't do it IBM would have found another OS and more than likely the same thing would happen and you would act the same way except you would hate a different company for no reason. As for his mother getting him a meeting with IBM well, who cares how you get the meeting as long as you get it there are many people who get meeting based on their friends yet many people think it is fine yet your mother doing the same is suddenly bad?

Stop the irrational hate and look at what MS has actually done, can you imagine an entire industry based on closed systems that are incompatible with each other? MS might not have been the most noble company at all times but they did help standardize and create what we use today.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]beruli[/nom]@seels, Steve jobs was a genius at what? Everything he supposedly invented was already invented by someone else years before.[/citation]
Steve was a marketing genius. He can not only sell you his product for whatever price he likes, he even make people standing in lines for days before they can finally buy his product. He is no less than a marketing genius.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Besides all the nonsense ^, this is actually a good idea in that the focus is on intelligence and merit based on substance. Unlike the rest of those types of shows. Please, please please, can we become a society that values intelligence instead of ostracizing it?

G

Similar series was already made in the arab world: Stars of Science, check at the Wired
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2012/01/mf_starsofscience/all/

Status
Not open for further replies.