Google Maps Gets Beautiful Underwater 'Street' View

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i really like this idea. looking around at panoramic pictures of the most awesome coral reefs on the planet is an amazing thing for educational purposes and if you just want to look at awesome stuff. more respects to google being awesome.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Gotta love understatement :)
While Apple is learning how to make basic maps work Google goes under water.
Now we need a waterproof Android phone so we can navigate between the turtles.
Also I don't think there is any GPS reception down there.
Does anyone here know?

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
According to Apple Maps in iOS 6, there's a now a coral reef running through Central Park in NYC.

Siri can't seem to navigate me there though...?

G

[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Now we need a waterproof Android phone so we can navigate between the turtles[/citation]

Motorola Defy. Not sure you can dive with it (they say water resistant) but i've dunked it quite a few times now and it still lives.

To answer your last question.

The GPS doesn't appear to work underwater, but i'm indoors and the GPS is a bit ropey in here anyway. I'll try it in the garden this weekend. Keep you posted

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]abcshopping941[/nom]Wonderful.Share a website with you ,Believe you will love it.(jor dan shoes)(NBA NFL NHL MLB jersey)( lv handbag)(cha nel wallet)(D&G sunglasses)(ed har dy jacket)WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD /WESTERN UNION PAYMENTYOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!![/citation]
Oh shoot, I missed it because I was using iOS 6 maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.