YouTube Launches iOS App Just In Time for iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I think Apple made a smart decision to go with a larger screen. I know I switched to a larger screened android device for the main reason that you can get more done. You can use your phone more for emails because you can see more of what you type, the keyboard is bigger, so its easier to type, you can actually see website text with the larger screen. I find myself not using my ipad or notebook, and use my phone more.
I know Steve jobs probably settle on the 3.5" screen original due to wanting it to not be difficult to handle, but as you get used to the larger phones, you realize it is more useful. Although it is more difficult to use, you just need to put a Flygrip case on your phone, and it will make using your phone with one hand a pleasure. Apple should put them on as OEM. I think the small tablets are useless, go with a bigger iphone and a desktop. Thats all you need

eternalkp

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
apple version of youtube was crap
i love google version. CC close caption, subtitles are now available.
Foreign film, here i come.
Google needs to enable HD for its app...please

hitman40_4

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]apple version of youtube was crapi love google version. CC close caption, subtitles are now available.Foreign film, here i come.Google needs to enable HD for its app...please[/citation]
In my opinion, this App is even worse than: The browser version. Why?

-Ads now
-Streaming quality judges your internet speed and adjusts

So now I can't even pick high quality playing youtube in my car because I have 3g -__- Greaaattt

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
[citation][nom]hitman40_4[/nom]In my opinion, this App is even worse than: The browser version. Why?-Ads now-Streaming quality judges your internet speed and adjustsSo now I can't even pick high quality playing youtube in my car because I have 3g -__- Greaaattt[/citation]
If you have 3G then the video won't even load fast enough to watch it in HD. Though I would like to be able to set the resolution like on the web. 4G would be more than enough to use HD and this app would enable it, but I'm sure people would want to watch 240p to lessen the impact on the data caps.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]I wish TG wrote an article every time my every other app was updated, as well....It's just an app update; must be a slow news day..[/citation]

Not sure why you are being voted down for this. I absolutely agree with you.

Must be a lot of fruity fans in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.