Google Settles with FTC for $22.5 Million in Safari Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

these cases are soo lame. its not like the peoples who's privacy was compromised will get any of this cash, it just goes to the lawyers and Executive bonuses. Allot like the MPAA and RIAA suing everyone, the artists don't see any benefit of any settlement money they get. Its all pointless.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]So... Who gets the money? The black hole that is the US government?[/citation]

Like the majority of federal fines it goes into the general treasury. So, I'd say it goes to China ATM.

Congress handles money. If you don't like how the gov't is handling that money, stop voting the same douche bag senators into office just because *your* senator is ok. Every state's senators are the problem, and a two term limit (which is still 12 years!) is the answer. Everybody hates the senate, but nobody will vote them out because "It's all the other people in congress that are the problem"... *rolleyes*

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Like the majority of federal fines it goes into the general treasury. So, I'd say it goes to China ATM. Congress handles money. If you don't like how the gov't is handling that money, stop voting the same douche bag senators into office just because *your* senator is ok. Every state's senators are the problem, and a two term limit (which is still 12 years!) is the answer. Everybody hates the senate, but nobody will vote them out because "It's all the other people in congress that are the problem"... *rolleyes*[/citation]

i want a dummy bill to go to the senate, well... all elected officials.
it will have 200-500 pages of good in it, with 10 pages here and there that allow for the rape of babies legal and a televised event, you know, something so shockingly horrific that no one who read the bill could vote yes for.

every phone they have will be tapped while this is in the works, and in the bill there is a clause that if you talk about it to anyone, immediate impeachment.

anyone who votes yes to it would be impeached on the spot, that way we get people out of office that dont even read the bills and require cliff notes.

but before this bill, i want one proposed by democrats, that is 100 pages long, all of it good ideas that republicans suggested, but with a 1 or 2 page clause that basically says, none of this crap will be voted in, this is a yay or nay vote is for your job, iv you vote against, you are impeached on the spot.

for anyone who doesnt know the reason for the above bill... the republicans are voting against everything the democrats want, because they are democrats, and are actually voting for things to hurt our country to make obama look bad... with quotes such as "my job is to make obama a 1 term president"

america needs to cleanse its electicted officials because they don't care about our country anymore. they are in the pockets of corporations, or are actively making our country worse to make democrats look bad.

cmg5217

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I'm tired if people saying that china owners all of America's debt. The Federal Reserve owns most of our debt. China owns about as much as japan owns. Everyone just goes along with what politicians tell them without fact checking. Its truly sad that people are so ignorant.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]cmg5217[/nom]I'm tired if people saying that china owners all of America's debt. The Federal Reserve owns most of our debt. China owns about as much as japan owns. Everyone just goes along with what politicians tell them without fact checking. Its truly sad that people are so ignorant.[/citation]

I didn't say China owns all of our debt; that is an ignorant statement.

Considering that the Fed owns over $6 trill worth of debt, compared to the $1 trill that china owns, it seems pretty obvious that the Federal reserve would get paid back first, right?

Wrong. Congress continually passes legislation that allows the gov't to not only not pay back that debt, but continue to create it. Where do you think that $6 trill comes from? A very large part of it is the medicare & social security "trust" fund that is continually getting raped to fund defense spending (a.k.a "Nation building").

China on the other hand, gets their interest payments in a timely fashion.

So yeah, that $22.5m, it's fair to say it's going to our 2nd largest debt holder, China atm.

To be fair, it's all one big pile of money. Who's to say which dollar ultimately goes where? Japan does own only slightly less portion of our Debt than China, but at least they aren't our political and military adversaries. So, if it were up to me, I'd pay down China first, just to get that rather embarrassing monkey off our back.

Status
Not open for further replies.