Verizon Launches Android Game Subscription Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I have Verizon (a grandfathered unlimited plan) and I'd much rather pay for an app through the play store. That way I have an updated app that I can use on my non-verizon devices and I can keep it once I drop Verizon. I pay for an app about once a month, and buying it through the play store creates fewer headaches than buying it through Verizon. My sanity is worth the small difference in price.

G

Pass.
It would be much cheaper in the long run to just buy what you use instead of paying a monthly fee to "rent" from a small list of outdated games from which you will only play a few.
I have zero confidence in Verizon keeping it updated and fresh. It will just end up becoming another piece of bloatware that will be forced down our throats in future firmwares.

G

Fragmentation is a concept no one on the internet seems to understand, nor does anyone care seem to care about the many cons of the dominence of app stores in the mobile industry. I honestly wish things would go back to the old days, where I could buy the game cd, which had the cd key (aka liscence) and play the game on any pc from now till kindom come. But alas, those days are long gone, as people mindlessly hand control of the market to individual corperations with no mind to the consequences. I just want to buy the app off the stupid website. I'll find the website by advertizments or word of mouth. App stores are an unneeded middle man in an industry flowing with them.

Can't wait for windows 8. I really hope it isn't a sham like most crap these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.