Microsoft Developing One-Hand Texting in WP8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Interesting. Personally I like the split thumbs layout on Win8RP, but there just isn't a phone big enough to make texting all that great for people like me with fat thumbs. Raised buttons are sadly still the best way to go.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
This concept looks pretty slick. Not sure if it would be any better than just using your thumb on a normal keyboard though.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Nothing is better than giving user more options. I am pretty sure there are people with small hands and Titan huge cellphone. I however prefer voice to text since it is much faster (unless the system can't understand you).

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Angled keyboard + swype would be great.

Only concern would be unnecessary truncation of displayed space because of the angle. Curious to see how this goes.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]geralds3124[/nom]my co-worker's sister-in-law made $13141 past week. she makes money on the laptop and got a $360000 home. All she did was get lucky and put into work the information revealed on this website Lazypay10.com[/citation]
she got lucky, huh? That's one way to put it.
Get lost, loser.

killerb255

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
[citation][nom]leaderWON[/nom]meh, bring back T9 and call it a day.[/citation]

That's what I was thinking at first...old concept, new twist.

G

Who the hell uses two thumbs to text on ANY device? It's called predictive text, had it since my Motorola L6 ffs..

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]I have been typing with just 1 thumb on my Android for a whole year now.......[/citation]
This. It isn't that hard, people.
Still, I have nothing against a keyboard layout that makes it easier... I just don't get why it's a huge deal... Everyone I know with an Android routinely texts single-handedly.

ivyanev

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
With my sausages instead of fingers qwerty keyboard in portrait is hard to use with two hands - one hand is a no go. So this thing has valid point . Nice job Microsoft in bringing back the phone usability in a smartphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.