Google Chrome Hitting iPad/iPhone Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Funny, I cannot get chrome for my phone running Android, yet it hits the iOS market for all current devices? Wow...

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]Vutvut[/nom]Funny, I cannot get chrome for my phone running Android, yet it hits the iOS market for all current devices? Wow...[/citation]iOS 4 and older devices probably miss out.

balrogthelunchbox

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
[citation][nom]math1337[/nom]iOS 4 and older devices probably miss out.[/citation]
VutVut here, decided to register just to reply back. :)

It is out for all iOS devices able to support 4.3, in other words, 3gS+ and all current iterations of the iPad as well I believe. Quite a sizable device pool. I understand why most Android devices do not have Chrome available to them and that the iOS version is nothing more than a wrapper over the Safari browser, but none the less it does seem odd to me. Chrome should have worked on a better API than the current structure it uses for ICS, plus the lack of flash is appalling, and add onto that the fact that it requires constant hardware acceleration so that it can sync, it is still dreadful for the Android market. So instead of focusing on and resolving these issues, they decide to rather put time and effort into iOS support. =/ I don't know, I am just disappointed with the Chrome team.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]balrogthelunchbox[/nom]VutVut here, decided to register just to reply back. It is out for all iOS devices able to support 4.3, in other words, 3gS+ and all current iterations of the iPad as well I believe. Quite a sizable device pool. I understand why most Android devices do not have Chrome available to them and that the iOS version is nothing more than a wrapper over the Safari browser, but none the less it does seem odd to me. Chrome should have worked on a better API than the current structure it uses for ICS, plus the lack of flash is appalling, and add onto that the fact that it requires constant hardware acceleration so that it can sync, it is still dreadful for the Android market. So instead of focusing on and resolving these issues, they decide to rather put time and effort into iOS support. =/ I don't know, I am just disappointed with the Chrome team.[/citation]

Lol, if you don't like the lack of flash on IOS devices wait till you get a load of Android JellyBean. No flash support and Adobe is officially pulling flash from the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.