Amazon May Go With 10-inch Kindle Fire This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
My experience with the kindle fire isn't that good. This is good new though, since it still is a nice machine, although not nearly as smooth (GUI) as my iPad.

I think a 10.1 in. machine shall compete nicely.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Any new article with a title like: "something, something, blah May something else, blah, blah", could just as easily be read as "something, something, blah May Not something else, blah, blah".

wigglerthefish

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2010
Yes, but the strategy makes sense. The fire is one of the top tablets after the iPad (right after the iPad, if I'm not mistaken), so with its success as a 7 in. tablet, it pretty much has a consumer go-ahead to compete directly with apple.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
yes, bring it! more competition and choices for consumers is a good thing! just hoping it's capable of video chat. oh and give it great battery life!

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If they can pack decent hardware and aim around the same price as the original Kindle Fire than I can see Amazon dominating the entire tablet market until competitors strike back. When the Kindle Fire was released its specs were actually very generous for its price point. A updated version of the 7" for $200 and a 10.1" for $250 with updated specs would leave very little reason to buy anything else.

Amazon played this smart because even if profits are little or even a small loss on their hardware they have their own app store which they profit from. So unlike for Samsung for example after you buy their tablet they are pretty much done making money from you, Amazon however keeps you relying on them, buying apps, games, books and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.