Samsung Galaxy S III Arriving in the U.S. in June

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If they were smart it would be the first week of June so they can get on that graduation and Father's Day consumer train.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
It can have a core i7 2011 for all I care, I'd still go with the HTC One X just because how horrible this phone looks. Once again, amazing hardware, sup-par design.

TheDane

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]It can have a core i7 2011 for all I care, I'd still go with the HTC One X just because how horrible this phone looks. Once again, amazing hardware, sup-par design.[/citation]

Well I for one prefer the design of the S3. And it has a SuperAMO LED display (HTC One X has Super IPS), it takes a microSD card as well (the HTC One X doesn't) and I suspect it also got a better battery life (though that remains to be seen).

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]TheDane[/nom]And it has a SuperAMO LED display (HTC One X has Super IPS).[/citation]And this is the reason why the Galaxy S screen kind of sucks. I should have been a Super AMOLED Plus like in the Galaxy S II, not a Pentile screen. So I prefer the one on the HTC since it's a true RGB screen.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]And this is the reason why the Galaxy S screen kind of sucks. I should have been a Super AMOLED Plus like in the Galaxy S II, not a Pentile screen. So I prefer the one on the HTC since it's a true RGB screen.[/citation]

Indeed, pentile displays suck. They just look grainy compared to proper pixels. For me, the resolution claims are false as the pixels aren't proper pixels.

Why do none of these articles mention the GPU in the SG3?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]Indeed, pentile displays suck. They just look grainy compared to proper pixels. For me, the resolution claims are false as the pixels aren't proper pixels.Why do none of these articles mention the GPU in the SG3?[/citation]
Because perhaps Samsung doesn't want people to know that it has the same GPU that's in the S II.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]Because perhaps Samsung doesn't want people to know that it has the same GPU that's in the S II.[/citation]

The International version of the SIII has a Mali-400, but the chip in the SIII is clocked at least 50% higher than what's in the SII. Anandtech has benchmarks up, if you're curious, showing the SIII as the most powerful current smartphone in graphics benchmarks... the International version is, anyway, with the aggressively clocked Mali-400.

The US Version of the SIII will probably be the Qualcomm S4 SOC with the Adreno 225 on it... and perform identically to the AT&T HTC One X tested. Which, ironically, is about the same level of graphics performance seen in a Galaxy SII.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]The International version of the SIII has a Mali-400, but the chip in the SIII is clocked at least 50% higher than what's in the SII. Anandtech has benchmarks up, if you're curious, showing the SIII as the most powerful current smartphone in graphics benchmarks... the International version is, anyway, with the aggressively clocked Mali-400.The US Version of the SIII will probably be the Qualcomm S4 SOC with the Adreno 225 on it... and perform identically to the AT&T HTC One X tested. Which, ironically, is about the same level of graphics performance seen in a Galaxy SII.[/citation]
I'm not saying that the GPU wont outperform the competition. But most people was expecting the Mali-T604 that has a performance superior to the higher clocked version of the Mali-T400 on the S III while consuming much less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.