RIM Reveals Details on New BlackBerry 10 Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
the only reason this company still exists is because the US Government keeps giving them money...this is sad...i wished that they would stop wasting our money

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]alterecho[/nom]? After i hit play, I was staring at a black screen for 46 sec. Is that it?[/citation]

Something wrong with your media playback. The video worked for me.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]No mention of ActiveSync support... Bury BES already, please.[/citation]

Interestingly my BB device handles all emails superb - while iOS required me to manually set up my university's email. I think BB wins one here.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
wow i was waiting for a slide out keyboard. after all they keep playing the hard keyboard cards in all their ads these days. but hey got to compete with the toys somehow. looks good so far though

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]No mention of ActiveSync support... Bury BES already, please.[/citation]

yea that would be a good move. ditch the most secure mobile e-mail service in existence

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Universal inbox on BB OS was always the best in the business, and I have still not found anything that competes.

Still, stability issues with apps, and the shear cost of BB data plans made my decision to go Android a lot easier. I do miss my universal inbox though...

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]yea that would be a good move. ditch the most secure mobile e-mail service in existence[/citation]

Yeah, SSL just doesn't cut it...

G

Looking more to the par of what others are offering. Although I still don't like the keyboard, they could've just have that T9 predictive style for roomier keyboard.

And the data plan better be in-house carrier network, I am no enterprise user.

G

EAS (SSL) SUCKS big time. I've lost count how many time's I've had to reconfigure EAS the same devices. Yet my BB > BES relation has been connected for over a yet. Mail migrations for both are a PITA however. Data plans expensive, BIS cost the same as data plans for Androids - data plans for iPhones are ridiculous generally speaking, but thats the carriers recovering their investments for LTE and the HUGE subsidiaries they are offering with the iPhone, etc - $750 for a phone?! BES is roughly $5-$10 more per month, but the Exchange services (over 60) that are brought right to the phone are and will remain unmatched by any provider. International data is ridiculously inexpensive at $20 additional per month and gives you unlimited BIS/BES traffic. Anyway, a couple years ago, our SSL expired on the weekend I happen to test an Android. Needless to say, email to my phone broke and I did not find out about it until very late.

Status
Not open for further replies.