Status
Not open for further replies.

tamick88

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Nice article, I really like that backpack. I might have to get it after the one I have finishes falling apart lol.

BrentonMcGhee

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
nice read, i travel for work around the country and i am normally gone from home 25 days out of the month. I actually already had 3 of those things as a part of my mobile gadget collection but i will def have to check out that mouse!

BrentonMcGhee

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
nice read, i travel all over the country for work and are gone normally 25 days a month. I already had 3 of those things as a part of my mobile gadget arsenal but i will def have to check out that mouse!

ethaniel

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005
Adding together the cost of the netbook and the optical drive you have enough budget to get one hell of a notebook, much more powerful than the 1201 N. Check the Dell Vostro 1015 in Newegg, and you'll see what I mean.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]ethaniel[/nom]Adding together the cost of the netbook and the optical drive you have enough budget to get one hell of a notebook, much more powerful than the 1201 N. Check the Dell Vostro 1015 in Newegg, and you'll see what I mean.[/citation]

Thanks for the comment, ethaniel. That Dell you were talking about isn't a bad little machine, but the graphics on the 1201N are actually better. ION (aka Nvidia GeForce 9300/9400) beats Intel IGP any day of the week. Plus, the 1015 doesn't have HDMI out.

The optical drive is really optional. Nowadays you can get by without one, especially if you have a desktop at home to rip ISOs with.

-Devin

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]allenpan[/nom]headphne, mouse, why not get all bluetooth, reduce wire and dongles?[/citation]
Well, the mouse is bluetooth. The headphone is not, simply because we have yet to see a gaming headset in bluetooth. However, there are many headsets available with bluetooth for voice applications.

G

I know it's mentioned in the article, but once the Alienware M11X starts actually shipping I don't think there would be much comparison. Considering it starts (with EPP pricing) at $719.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]m11x guy[/nom]I know it's mentioned in the article, but once the Alienware M11X starts actually shipping I don't think there would be much comparison. Considering it starts (with EPP pricing) at $719.[/citation]
Well, I think the MllX weights a little more than an a pound over the Asus 1201n's weight...so if weight is a consideration the Asus wins.

palmor

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
The Dell Studio 14z, while a little more $$ is 4.30 lbs, gives you a core 2 processor and a GeForce® 9400M G card etc. I'm sure I'm a little bias because that is what I for my mobile setup but I like it a lot more then most netbooks I've played with

palmor

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
The Dell Studio 14z, while a little more $$ is 4.30 lbs, gives you a core 2 processor and a GeForce® 9400M G card etc. I'm sure I'm a little bias because that is what I for my mobile setup but I like it a lot more then most netbooks I've played with

carol_51

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I just powered on my new 1201N today and did the setup and now I can't shut it off. I did as I was directed by the user guide (press and hold the power switch) but instead of powering off, it went into suspend mode. I haven't used a laptop before so maybe this is partly my lack of knowledge but the user guide is not at all comprehensive and offers nothing to help me resolve this issue. I sure would appreciate some help. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.