iPhone Outsells BlackBerry in RIM's Home Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]motheninja[/nom]Apple has more models than 1! The 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S. You can still find the 3G in some locations![/citation]

You could argue that one either way. All the iPhones are 3.5 inch touch screen smart phones with the same OS across the board with App Support. RIM has different form factors and different OS types depending on the form factor and not all of them support Apps. Only few have a full touchscreen.

I really wish RIM would get their act together and deliver something really compelling though. I went from the iPhone 3 to a BB Storm because I wanted the extension feature only they had. Missed allot of the other features that I had on my iPhone and with the addition of facetime on the iPhone 4 I ended up going back.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Whoa,

http://www.uberphones.com/2012/03/blackberry-blade-concept-design-looks-stunning/

That is one sweet phone. Hope the BB10 OS is as slick as this phone is. This could shake things up a bit.

_TuxUser_

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
Then RIM has joined Nokia, who has the same issue since Mr Elop wrote his "Burning platform" and it seems he did use petrol to try to extinguish the fire with and now no one wants to sell Nokia Lumia cellphones in Finland.

The only selling Nokia cellphone is the N9 (for each sold Lumia there is 3 sold N9), but that is what you would expect, as it's not running WP7.

the real mr b

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
RIM has increased their customer base by 35% last year. They made 20 billions last year and have basically no debts. BlackBerry 10 coming this year, GET READY FOR A BOUNCE BACK.

PlayBook is like the best tablet to get right now with the lowered price(value / $) and it gained decent marketshare. A new playbook is in production.

Let the Apple fanboys die in debts because they have to borrow every 6 months to buy the new iDevice.

G

i agree blackberry need to step up... their latest phone suck, one has 720p video but no auto focus, the other one have auto focus but vga video, also both has sucky battery (2 charge a day)

but i still use blackberry mainly bcos i need bbm & email for work, and its more cheaper than iphone (iphone 4s is about 900$us here, and my salary is only 200$/month) :D

alexdh01

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
I've noticed a lot of my buddies getting iphones lately. So I guess it makes sense. I love my BB Bold. I type too many emails, I can't stand typing on the iPhone. I love my ipod touch though...too much fun jailbreaking and tweaking that.

Not enough RAM on my blackberry. Locks up every once in a while. Then it needs to be restarted... with the worst boot time ever!

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Whoa, http://www.uberphones.com/2012/03/ [...] -stunning/That is one sweet phone. Hope the BB10 OS is as slick as this phone is. This could shake things up a bit.[/citation]
If the blackberry blade comes out exactly like that then thats going to be my next phone, my dell venue pro seems to be the perfect combo of touchscreen and physical keyboard.

jimoreon

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
we can say that iPhone outsells BlackBerry, but this not the end for RIM, as you keep innovative for the next following years, you still got your loyal customers :)

MrSmitty81

Honorable
Mar 24, 2012
Business users still will go with the blackberry. Its whole platform is designed for business users where as IPhones are designed for personal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.