Woz: I Wish My iPhone Did Everything My Android Does

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7guru

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I had a Galaxy Nexus. The thing died in less than a week. I'm gonna stick to my dumb phone now and a ipod touch to compliment it.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Not surprised to hear it, this is what a lot of people have been saying all along. Woz just proves one more time he has common sense.
Glad he can afford to get all this new phones when they come out and hence be able to make honest comparisons. Usually only tech review companies can do that, and sometimes they have some agendas behind their reviews. While Woz is not giving a review per-se, he is able to approach this from a consumer (educated one) POV and share.

BSMonitor

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
[citation][nom]becherovka[/nom]apple = sexy android = functionsYeah we know that..[/citation]

functions... sometimes... when not crashing and rebooting..

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]functions... sometimes... when not crashing and rebooting..[/citation]

If my Android does go into a boot-loop or crashes because of something I did, I can just pull the battery. :)

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
andriod's dont really crash its the people that use them

people complain that there phone crashes are normally running unstable custom roms.

go download a stable rom guys. i just switched to ginger stir fry from cyangenmod. its quicker, crashes less often and does what i want it to do

iphones look nice and are good for non tech savy people but im not paying the premium for apple products

rallende

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Why is Tom's Hardware reporters always behind on current tech news? It's frustrating that their special reports are top notch but everything in the reporting world is lacking? ok done trollin

[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Its a freaking phone. What else do you want it to do!!![/citation]

I prefer to think of them as handheld computers or at least a PDA with a phone added. In that regards I should be able to install any software I want from any source and have full access to folder navigation, command prompt and system files.

If you just want a phone buy a jitterbug.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]the new secretary at work = sexy your wife at home = functionsYeah we know that..[/citation]

Lol, that was awesome.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]The greater Good[/nom]If my Android does go into a boot-loop or crashes because of something I did, I can just pull the battery. :)[/citation]

Or even recover from a backup on my "SD card"

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]andriod's dont really crash its the people that use thempeople complain that there phone crashes are normally running unstable custom roms. go download a stable rom guys. i just switched to ginger stir fry from cyangenmod. its quicker, crashes less often and does what i want it to doiphones look nice and are good for non tech savy people but im not paying the premium for apple products[/citation]

Well, even as you state, "less often". Custom ROM or not, they do occasionally reboot on you, but from those I know with iPhones, the same thing happens to them too. It's just part of having a smart phone. I probably average a reboot once a week or 2, usually when using navigation.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Its a freaking phone. What else do you want it to do!!![/citation]
give me a hard on then take it back down...what did you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.