This microSD Card Adds NFC To Any Android, iOS Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
so money held by a 3rd party like paypal, so they can take another 3% on top of everyone else who takes their cut or have processing fees. I think i'll just use my check card with my picture on it

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Great!?!? Now I am remembering that Visa commercial where everyone is in line at the checkout with the assembly line music playing in the background, then everyone glares at the one who stops everything from running smoothly by paying with a check. Now the same will hold true for the one with the magnetic strip card rather than an NFC enabled phone. They will probably be having circuit races through the checkouts with Olympic music playing.

I guess it is cool and chic to have money removed from us wallets-with-legs faster than ever.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
"Here's a way to add NFC technology to your current Android device or iPhone if it doesn't already sport an NFC chip"

That is, after Apple "invents" the microSD slot on their phones, patents it, and then sues every cell phone maker for having a microSD slot available already on their phones.

" For iOS users, it's a simple process of inserting a special microSD card, snapping on a patented, protective case, installing the moneto app, and activating the chip."

Sounds "simple" enough. Only taking 4 steps for what should be an integrated microSD card slot/support. It also "only" takes a special dedicated case.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I always rub off the magnetic strip on my credit cards so I like this idea. Although I like the other article about the card in a watch better though. I might lose my cell phone, but I'm never going to lose my watch.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
I see this slowing down the payment process.

60 yearl old lady in Walmart 2016...
OLD LADY:
"Oh let me get out my phone instead of an ancient fast pass credit/debit card."

TELLER
I also need an acient form of I.D. that is a CARD.

OLD LADY
Oh crap my phone it is dead! Let me get my husbands phone, he is back in sproting goods... 10 minutes later. His phone's microsd and malware ridden phone is on the fritz, plus he dropped it in the tolied yesterday. Do you take a check? ***PHONE RINGS*** "Hello Nellie. No I am not busy. Oh that church supper sounds great. BLAH BLAH BLAH, etc.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
'That is, after Apple "invents" the microSD slot on their phones, patents it, and then sues every cell phone maker for having a microSD slot available already on their phones."

Yes the New York Times genius Mr Jobs invented everything yet to be discovered by the human race. It reminds me of their ex-genius Greenspan, the man responsible for America's financial debacle due to keeping artificially low interest rates. We know the story.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]southernshark[/nom]I always rub off the magnetic strip on my credit cards so I like this idea. Although I like the other article about the card in a watch better though. I might lose my cell phone, but I'm never going to lose my watch.[/citation]

You use a watch? I didn't think they still had those...

jonny_76

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Please, please THINK where we are going with this !!!!
Eventually, if all your money is only accessible by Google wallet, or tapping phones via NFC then the govt or the phone company or the ISP can shatter your life by simply turning off service to you.

What if the Govt made a mistake by targetting you and you have same name as the actual person they were targetting ? What is your recourse ? Complain to AT&T or the Homeland Security or Google to get your life back ?

Don't believe the US Govt would do that ?
Google-Kent State Massacre
Google-US CIA Confirms implementing "Operation Ajax", overthrow democratically elected President
Google-US Senator accidentally placed on 'no fly' list

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
No thanks. I will definitely wait a loooong time to see how hacker proof this is going to turn out.
For the moment I good old debit card and drivers license will do for me.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]jonny_76[/nom]Please, please THINK where we are going with this !!!! Eventually, if all your money is only accessible by Google wallet, or tapping phones via NFC then the govt or the phone company or the ISP can shatter your life by simply turning off service to you.What if the Govt made a mistake by targetting you and you have same name as the actual person they were targetting ? What is your recourse ? Complain to AT&T or the Homeland Security or Google to get your life back ? Don't believe the US Govt would do that ?Google-Kent State MassacreGoogle-US CIA Confirms implementing "Operation Ajax", overthrow democratically elected PresidentGoogle-US Senator accidentally placed on 'no fly' list[/citation]
The Government or private entity can do that to you now. If you have money in someone else' system, they can hold it from you whenever they want. Ever not pay a bill on time? They can put a lean on your home, car, whatever to get you to pay. They can cease any of your assets and it's completely legal. This changes nothing other than the bank holding your money.

jonny_76

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]The Government or private entity can do that to you now. If you have money in someone else' system, they can hold it from you whenever they want. Ever not pay a bill on time? They can put a lean on your home, car, whatever to get you to pay. They can cease any of your assets and it's completely legal. This changes nothing other than the bank holding your money.[/citation]

I'm not talking about people who don't pay their bills. I'm talking about mistakes made by the Govt when your entire financial life is accidentally turned off (by turnign off your cell phone) due to a Govt mistake.

The world's establishments are slowly moving us towards electronic currency. NFC and Google wallet are the mandatory steps to eliminate paper currency. You will no longer be able to take your own money in cash and put it anywhere you want for safe keeping for emergencies (your home safe, your hidden compartment in the closet..) EVERYTHING you do financially will be archived and potentially monitored.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
We already have electronic currency. Unless you are dirt poor, most of your money is electronic. Its not like your stock broker is really holding your money in cash. Its just digits.

mrsphex

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
[citation][nom]jonny_76[/nom]I'm not talking about people who don't pay their bills. I'm talking about mistakes made by the Govt when your entire financial life is accidentally turned off (by turnign off your cell phone) due to a Govt mistake.The world's establishments are slowly moving us towards electronic currency. NFC and Google wallet are the mandatory steps to eliminate paper currency. You will no longer be able to take your own money in cash and put it anywhere you want for safe keeping for emergencies (your home safe, your hidden compartment in the closet..) EVERYTHING you do financially will be archived and potentially monitored.[/citation]

Bro. You sound paranoid

Status
Not open for further replies.