Siri Clones and Fake Apps Appearing on the Android Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
The idea of a Siri-type application is neat. While I'm no longer an iPhone user I do appreciate Siri's fun/usefullness and look forward to something for Android that is just as, if not more, capable/useful/accurate/fun.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I hope Android comes right back with something more useful and not as "fun". I haven't heard much about Siri since it launched and everyone was asking it stupid questions over the first couple weeks.

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
Siri is the reason I chose the iphone over WM 7. The latter has the better interface but the former is just so damn cool and useful.

G

Hmm I shall take a 2nd look of Vlingo pre-loaded in my Nokia. But the full pronounciation of incoming contacts are already quite useful for a sub-$100 device. Technology, go figure. I put Vlingo away as a "cool" app but not "useful" maybe I was wrong.

If Google Voice Actions actually pre-dates Apple Siri, then it can be said Apple shamelessly copied the concept of nature-speaking with noise cancelling the way Jobs did copy Xerox Parc for Mac System. They just packaged the whole thing better, and that is what I think a successful company should do anyway.

G

@zulutech
Just tried Iris again and I must say, it has improved a lot.

G

Someone clearly doesn't know much about android OS.......odd thing here is that android had voice command recognition since android 2.0... years before siri even came out on Iphone. So I guess imitation is the best form of flattery. It's really hard to take these types of articles seriously when the writer doesn't have a clue about what he is writing about. Many of the "features" that people are raving about over the Iphone.... android users have been enjoying these features for the last 2 years. Drop down menus, heads up notifications, video calls...with or without wifi enabled... and a host of other features. IOS is still behind android and always will be due to the limitatons they place on the user and developers. It's a known fact hat android is on more mobile devices than IOS...because people want a phone they can make their own and personalize it...no such term as "jail-breaking" in android. It's your phone...you can do with it as you will and still not void the warranty...thanks google

G

The author of this article should have done some research first. Many of these so-called "Siri clones" pre-date Siri and iPhone 4S by years.

Status
Not open for further replies.