Verizon's Galaxy Nexus Sees High Demand at Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Theres probably a different reason they are all out of stock. Mainly that its got a lot of problems. I'm on my second galaxy nexus.. The first one went into an endless booting loop. I found out that if you have your wireless turned on and your connected to a known AP then leave the range of it. The phone will crash and constantly reboot until you enter known AP's range. Multi touch is broken, the signal is fairly weak, and GPS keeps dropping. I'd say wait till google gets their shit straight instead of releasing something so broken.. Btw I've only own android devices and I loved my previous two but this thing came out broken on Verizon. I'm starting to see why it took so long to release it..

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I'd really love to replace the phone I've got and that Amazon deal is unbeatable......but I'm so used to paying $40 a month for Virgin mobile I don't think I could ever go back to a contract. Sure my phone reboots constantly and is as powerful as my microwave, but its cheap lol

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]Theres probably a different reason they are all out of stock. Mainly that its got a lot of problems. I'm on my second galaxy nexus.. The first one went into an endless booting loop. I found out that if you have your wireless turned on and your connected to a known AP then leave the range of it. The phone will crash and constantly reboot until you enter known AP's range. Multi touch is broken, the signal is fairly weak, and GPS keeps dropping. I'd say wait till google gets their shit straight instead of releasing something so broken.. Btw I've only own android devices and I loved my previous two but this thing came out broken on Verizon. I'm starting to see why it took so long to release it..[/citation]
Soooo, explain to me why I get the feeling that you never owned this device, nor any other android device, but rather the device from a rather 'fruity' company?

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
LOL xbeater I've got my original moto droid with a hacked version of gingerbread next to me and my droidx. I've gotten everyone in my company except for the CEO to switch to a moto atrix since they all use ATT and if you check any of my posts I've kudos to google. I was asked by the two VP's to see if the nexus was good so they could switch since our company is forcing everyone to verizon by the mid feb and it did the endless boot loop on the access point right in front of one of them.

Don't believe me check this link http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/464201-stuck-boot-loop.html

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]Jerky_san[/nom]Theres probably a different reason they are all out of stock. Mainly that its got a lot of problems. I'm on my second galaxy nexus.. The first one went into an endless booting loop. I found out that if you have your wireless turned on and your connected to a known AP then leave the range of it. The phone will crash and constantly reboot until you enter known AP's range. Multi touch is broken, the signal is fairly weak, and GPS keeps dropping. I'd say wait till google gets their shit straight instead of releasing something so broken.. Btw I've only own android devices and I loved my previous two but this thing came out broken on Verizon. I'm starting to see why it took so long to release it..[/citation]
You had bad luck with one device and you are using the second similar device now; I do not see a pattern of broken phones here, unless everyone that have already bought them complained en masse about those issues that you had. Never bought a lemon before in your life? If not, consider yourself lucky. If you did, stop acting like you never did. It happens, no tech company is spared. Out of 10 laptops, computers, phones, etc. there WILL be some lemons out there and statistically you are bound to get one or two of them.
Did they tell you "suck it up, buddy, good luck with that", or did they replace it when you wanted? Given that they replaced it already, quit bitching.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
And for my proof since you probably think I still own an apple. I quiet frankly hate apple products because of the restrictions. To answer you house70 both phones exhibit it. My second one I just figured out how to stop the endless looping with some tinkering.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/img20111217101252.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/20111217101322366.jpg/

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Standing in line to buy a phone ? What is this... Russia ?
I sure got better things to do with my life!

Besides, experience has thought me that being the first to buy a new gizmo makes you a Beta-Tester who payed full price for the privilege :)

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
afrobacon thats why I went to the store instead since I didn't know that answer.. I will tell you they will let you do "unlimited" hotspot from it on 4g though if you get that. I didn't get hotspot but I was told that as long as I keep my unlimited plan that if I have and pay 30 more a month I can get unlimited off my 4g hotspot inside my phone. And btw the phone itself its very nice its just the problems that are bugging the holy hell out of me.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
LOL @ people defending this damn phone even though it has several NOTED flaws at launch.

Face it fandroids. This phone will be a beast once it gets it's problems fixed. For now though, it's nothing but a half-baked device.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]I wonder if I'll be able to keep my unlimited data if I buy from Amazon...[/citation]

If you are unlimited now then yes it grandfathers into your new plan as well...

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Sill on Galaxy S, I had really hight expectations for this phone, but when I saw the real specs, I decided to wait for Galaxy S III.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Soooo, explain to me why I get the feeling that you never owned this device, nor any other android device, but rather the device from a rather 'fruity' company?[/citation]

Because you are in denial that you are sheeple for a copycat second rate product.... maybe?!?!?

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Soooo, explain to me why I get the feeling that you never owned this device, nor any other android device, but rather the device from a rather 'fruity' company?[/citation]

Worst Head-In-The-Sand Comment 2011 Award goes to xbeater

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]Worst Head-In-The-Sand Comment 2011 Award goes to xbeater[/citation]

No, that award goes to the vast majority of your own comments.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
A lot of idiots posting on here, we have the obvious apple fans and the people who care too much what people think about them online.

Here's something for both parties, stfu and talk about the article, not your own ego boosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.