Parents Get Free Games From Skyrim Baby Name Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Poor kid. The parents could have at least put it as his middle name.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
he could tweak his name like meg ryan, topher grace or cobie smulders did. like dove tom keller or dov keller. there is a silver lining ! don't lose hope! :)
just don't change your name to dtk, the situation from jersey shore might threaten to sue you. :p

G

lol his name aint that bad, atelast he aint called Pie or Apple or some sort of edible.

and im sorry, but im game enthusiast, and if i got named after a character from skyrim id be so happy. and like i said the name isnt a contradiction on its own, he is propably gona give a shorter version to his friends like many other people do with long names.

dont just rant, think about it from multiple viewpoints, no 1 viewpoint is correct. only after taking in all viewpoints can you determine whether or not something is correct or not.

and there are many names out there that i would consider horrible and completely stupid. like for example Ze... how can you call your child Ze? did you run out of ink?

like i said think this through before ranting, and id rather be called Dovahkiin then Ze. Thing is names get old and used up, so eventualy people want to try and go for the unique, who wants anothe henry/jack/peter/jane/emily/nicole? its normal and plain

Skovsnegl

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Dont get too ahead of yourself now.. if you think game names are bad, how about think about Nicholas Cage who named his son Kha-El after Superman!!

jdw_swb

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Lucky they never called the kid Scrolls, or the only thing they would be receiving from Bethesda is a nasty lawyers letter informing them of an impending lawsuit.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Next year Bethesda will prob go under and then that steam key will be useless and your kid is stuck with the a weird name. Although there are worse names, I would never want my kid to have a name like that ... if a kid wanted to be called that when they are older then they could just use then name a nickname, but at least give them the option when they are a little older.

G

uhhmmm, why you mad at bethesda? the game has a few common names too, it was the parents that chose that specific name.

besides, when this kid is 12+ few people will know its from skyrim, Your just gona think hes from a different country or something.

like morts and steve said, there are many names FAAAAARRR WORSE, that are somehow accepted. and this name gets rejected just because its from a game, You people astound me at your intellectual level and reasoning.

and on second note my first name is Paul, which i never used. i always used my second name. and eventualy i got it legally swapped. This can be done, so no the kid doesnt have a messede up life.

if at 12 and he stil wants to change his name he can just contact Child Protective services and ask them to assist him on enforcing a name change, regardless of what the parents think. obviously this might turn into a court case against parents, but i cant see how parents will go to court to tell their child to stick with a name they dont want.

The kid has a Fairly unique name, the pronunciation isn't normal English but i have seen people that have names from other cultures due to many circumstances. Like Steve said, atleast he aint called an edible

G

OMA why are you all so mad, Bethesda didnt enforce this competition. i didnt even know about it, and i believe Millions of Skyrim fans wont even know about it.

i cant believe toms has such a bunch of immature readers, i tell you what, say his name Loud, and hear what it sounds like.... then go to your celebrity and say their children names loud, then you tell me if this is a bad name, or just not what you are used to

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
The name does not sound bad at all. It sounds like east european for me. Dovahkiin, sounds Russian, Bielo-Russia or something.

synd

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I can't see how the hell could they do that just for some free games, even for a whole life that's just too self-fish considered that your son needs to live with that weirdo name for the rest of his life.
Nice parenting and I'll add my death joke here: "Don't worry guys, the child won't live long since the parents will be busy playing Skyrim V than feeding the child. The child will probably die in a month or so|

Aionism

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Oh boy, a lifetime of free mediocre hiking simulators and whatever trash (Rogue Warrior, Brink) Bethesda decides to publish.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
So they basically sold their child out to get free video games. Well, Dovahkiin your life will be a up hill battle. You are going to face many challenges in your life and have to deal with other peoples as well. The only advise I can give is remember to use your shouts.

G

Dovahkiin Kellermeyer - imagine what the kids at school will do with that! I suffered in school with an unusual name myself, but at least it was a family name. I can't believe these people would do that to their child.

Status
Not open for further replies.