The HP TouchPad Just Received a New Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Not bad! I'm glad that not everyone gave up on webOS. I have no experience with it whatsoever, but it's sad to see whenever a product gets dropped that quick after release. Way to go, webOS team!

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Not bad! I'm glad that not everyone gave up on webOS. I have no experience with it whatsoever, but it's sad to see whenever a product gets dropped that quick after release. Way to go, webOS team![/citation]

From what I've experienced with my TouchPad, WebOS has a lot of potential, scratch that, HAD potential.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I have the HP Touchpad and I have to say, WebOS has some potential but there are some very simple things that it should be able to do that it has a hard time doing. Managing documents and being able to open downloaded PDF documents. for some reason it struggles with that. Performance is something else that needs to be worked on and get rid of the loading screens when opening the applications especially applications that should be tightly integrated with the OS.

justjc

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]KawiNinjaZX[/nom]Next WebOS update, Android Honeycomb?[/citation]
To most webOS users that would be considered a downgrade.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I like my touchpad. Fast and zero problems.

I like watching flash videos over the internet. My fav tv station streams shows on its website ;)
In your face ipad.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Why do I get the feeling that HP is NOT going to discontinue the Touch Pad or Web OS. Gosh just ONCE I'd love for a big corporation today to come right out and admit they made a whopper of a mistake and they are changing their mind. HP would certain have my respect and admiration! Come on HP how about it?

I constantly find myself rooting for the perennial underdog and HP is it in the corporate world. They would be the miracle of the decade IF they can turn things around and come back strong.

newsurak

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
I don't think it needs an update. I just got mine and turned down logging to minimal. HUGE responsiveness increase. Am playing with UberKernel now....VRRROOOOMMM!!!!

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Long live webOS!
ditto!
i hope it can get modded and oc'ed to the point that it can play crysis.. or at least super street fighter 4 :)
hp ight not discontinue touchpad after all. they said they'll discontinue webOS iirc. they didn't say they're gonna back out of tablet business. touchpad might resurface under a new name.

unlockstreak

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Go to any store that sells tablets and take a look around. You'll see that Android tablets all look the same or very similiar. But there is ONE tablet that stands out and it isn't an Android. It is my beloved TouchPad!!!!!!! Too bad it isn't locked though because then my Unlocker Software would be of use for that model as well...

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
She is not going to stop me updating mine to Andriod when I can. It can be as stable and as fast as it wants to be, its got hardly any apps compared to Andriod so I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.