Scientists Discover Way to Make Anything a Touchscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

As a prototype, it looks very interesting. Looking forward to this becoming a part of our future!

G

This looks strikingly similar to what Apple filed a patent for a while back, though not exact. Their patent included the ability to share multiple iDevices, so that makes it unique, but the underlying concept was EXACTLY as indicated in this article. The iDevices project onto a surface, and cameras track user input to provide touch functionality on the projected screen.

G

Poor choice of a name -- Omnitouch is already a product from Home Automation Inc., been out for years You'd think the geniuses at Carnegie Mellon would have taken a moment to at least Google the name.

G

This proves evolution wrong!!!!
(Sorry, but a troll is needed in every Discussion board)

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
I think this is fine...if you can conceal it in a Parrot figure...then nobody would know you're walking around with a shoulder mounted camera.

G

.Agathorn. What are you talking about. Quit making things up. What a tool.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Nice but still clumsy. I want the UI rendered directly on the retina so only I can see it.[/citation]Great...So you end up constantly poking yourself in the eye?

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
omn iTouch - darn. apple is gonna sue those scientists and microsoft.
nice tech, combine that with microsoft's kinect on the next xbox. new ways to play with yourself!

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Why are we not hearing of this in the mainstream media? We are still being bombarded with iPhone propaganda. Sad situation that something as revolutionary as this should go almost completely unreported by the msm. Thanks for this glimpse into the future for technology...

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I suspect the '3d camera' is actually the Kinect internals repackaged/relensed for shorter ranges (the Kinect is a very cheap device for the capabilities it's got). Cool idea matching it up to a projector.

Status
Not open for further replies.