VIDEO: Samsung Teases 'Something Big' for Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hot on the heels of the iPhone 4S unveiling, the company last night released a teaser for 'something big' that it plans to announce next week.

Wrong. They've been teasing that since a week, if you follow them on FB/Twitter/etc.

Hmm, I wonder whether the Nexus Prime will be better than SGS II or not...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
im calling tablet and pen using wacom tech.

you got a mobile computer that is good for carrying around
you got the best tech in pens for computers

combine the two

you have the best tablet for artists. and honestly with win8 amd and adobe, it could be a monster of a product.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
It better be something "BIG" or it will be a second desapointment in a week along with 4S.
Galaxy s to a Nexus S was more of a downgrade so this better be the other way around with Galaxy S II.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
IMO - the Nexus Prime, if it is a smartphone, needs the following to claim to be better than the 4S:

4.5"+ screen at Retina resolution or higher
An 8MP camera
1080p HD video recording
Better than 1.0ghz Dual-Core CPU
VERY GOOD BATTERY LIFE
Standard outputs (miniUSB, miniHDMI)
4G compatibility (REAL 4G compatibility)

And, yea, it would be nice to see some 3rd party SOFTWARE showing off on it too.

The iPhone 4S presentation the other day had an Infinity Blade 2 demo running on the Unreal Engine on it - looks pretty sweet for a smartphone game. And that SIRI voice-UI was pretty sweet too.

Well, let's see Google step up to the plate with some awesome Android phone SOFTWARE, ok? That's the only thing holding some people back to be honest. All the best hardware in the world is meaningless if you don't have anything to show off on it.

may1

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]IMO - the Nexus Prime, if it is a smartphone, needs the following to claim to be better than the 4S:4.5"+ screen at Retina resolution or higherAn 8MP camera1080p HD video recordingBetter than 1.0ghz Dual-Core CPUVERY GOOD BATTERY LIFEStandard outputs (miniUSB, miniHDMI)4G compatibility (REAL 4G compatibility)And, yea, it would be nice to see some 3rd party SOFTWARE showing off on it too. The iPhone 4S presentation the other day had an Infinity Blade 2 demo running on the Unreal Engine on it - looks pretty sweet for a smartphone game. And that SIRI voice-UI was pretty sweet too.Well, let's see Google step up to the plate with some awesome Android phone SOFTWARE, ok? That's the only thing holding some people back to be honest. All the best hardware in the world is meaningless if you don't have anything to show off on it.[/citation]

IMO, SIRI was the sales point of the 4S, and that got me blown away (just wait for reviews to test SIRI to see if they live up to my standards). The SII as it stands is already good enough and I think the addition of SIRI-like programme is all it needs to destroy 4S.

law shay

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]It better be something "BIG" or it will be a second desapointment in a week along with 4S.Galaxy s to a Nexus S was more of a downgrade so this better be the other way around with Galaxy S II.[/citation]
Nexus S has the stock Android and it is way much better than Galaxy S.
At least Nexus S got 2.3.6 now. How about Galaxy S ? Stucked with the Samsung memory leaking TouchWAIT UI team. Right ?

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
I've heard the Nexus Prime will have a 5 mp camera. I hope that isn't true.

I'm waiting for it to see whether to buy it or the iPhone 4s. I hope it has at least the SGX543MP2 found in the iPhone 4S.

The lack of that graphics capability and dodgy customer reviews put me off the Samsung Galaxy 2 (it only has the Mali-400MP which is much slower than the iPhone 4s GPU - http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-powervr-sgx543mp2-and-vs-mali-400mp/ ). I also had a Samsung only 3 years ago which wouldn't let me change the language and was simply terrible to use (Samsung Omnia) despite having great reviews - so I am a bit reluctant to use Samsung again and particularly wary of reviews.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]may1[/nom]IMO, SIRI was the sales point of the 4S, and that got me blown away (just wait for reviews to test SIRI to see if they live up to my standards). The SII as it stands is already good enough and I think the addition of SIRI-like programme is all it needs to destroy 4S.[/citation]

you must be an apple fanboi if you think SIRI is a game changer. the nexus S has practically the same thing but the phone doesn't talk back yo you

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]you must be an apple fanboi if you think SIRI is a game changer. the nexus S has practically the same thing but the phone doesn't talk back yo you[/citation]

So, not the same thing then.

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]you must be an apple fanboi if you think SIRI is a game changer. the nexus S has practically the same thing but the phone doesn't talk back yo you[/citation]

You must be a denuce if you don't realize what Siri is. Try reading what the press is reporting with your mind OPEN. This nexus thingie has practically the same thing? Clueless. Andriod will copy it eventually like everything else from Apple.

G

@tmshdw

just like Android copy Apple's push notification........

G

Siri is probably developed using Google's voice recognition database anyway. It really isn't all that much more than what already exists, they just added the talking back to you and some minor prediction software.

Android will copy Apple? Honestly? iOS5 jacks all of its new features from other OS's that already do it better anyway. Notification bar? iMessenger? Google and Blackberry called, they want their features from years ago back.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]law shay[/nom]Nexus S has the stock Android and it is way much better than Galaxy S.At least Nexus S got 2.3.6 now. How about Galaxy S ? Stucked with the Samsung memory leaking TouchWAIT UI team. Right ?[/citation]

Possibly. But you are free to put any ROM on it you want...like I did on my Captivate, its currently running 2.3.5. So it's up to the user if he/she is at least average in technology understanding.
I was rather disappointed that Nexus S had no sd card slot and odd issues with 720p recording when it was released. Other than that it was a copy/paste from original american galaxy s.

Status
Not open for further replies.