Nvidia Confirms Quad-Core Tablets Arriving This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblack

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I heard some nasty things about this chip, namely that it is still using a single bus to interface with memory and that it doesn't perform as well as many would think because the cores are constantly waiting on memory.

I'm hoping it isn't true.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
That sounds great.
What I don't like though is them paying game developers to make their games exclusive for tegra devices, I mean seriously nvidia, ANDROID DOES NOT NEED MORE FRAGMENTATION!

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]sounds like a non starter at Xmas time, unless that have a great price at black friday...[/citation]
Products may not even be available by Christmas.. They almost definitely wont be available on Black Friday.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I can speculate on why non-Apple tablets can't sell. Blame on the OS - Gingerbread is the most unfriendly piece of software I've used in a long time.

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]That sounds great.What I don't like though is them paying game developers to make their games exclusive for tegra devices, I mean seriously nvidia, ANDROID DOES NOT NEED MORE FRAGMENTATION![/citation]

Most of this fragmentation will be solved by Ice Cream Sammich on the OS level.

... or so they say.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Oh no! iCrapple is likely to sue because someone else came up with the idea of a quad core tablet. Its like "if you are it you are it", the world according to iCrap,

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Can you imagine how amusing it'd be if the tablets were advertised the way apple does their products?

"A new revolutionary product. with 4 seperate cores. Giving you the power to do anything"

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]What I don't like though is them paying game developers to make their games exclusive for tegra devices[/citation]
Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.