Sony's HMZ-T1 Specs Go Stateside in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcaulley_74

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I'll wait for a version that includes spacial recognition for gaming. I want a headset that knows when I turn my head and pans the view along with it. Imagine the advantages in FPS.

cwolf78

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Does anyone know if these have a true 120 Hz HDMI input? Or does that "processor unit" do some sort of 3D processing?

G

[citation][nom]jcaulley_74[/nom]I'll wait for a version that includes spacial recognition for gaming. I want a headset that knows when I turn my head and pans the view along with it. Imagine the advantages in FPS.[/citation]

I think the unit would have to be perfectly balanced all the way around the head to make it comfortable for longer sessions. It's doable but probably not at a reasonable price. If its under a grand, its probably a go.

This is definitely something that should only be bought in person after actually using it. I could never trust it otherwise. I hope they get those floor models out in the wild.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Phych[/nom]I don't know about you guys, but it looks like I'm never leaving the toilet.[/citation]
Took me a moment, but when I did I spat my drink out!!!

ron_09

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
So, only 720p? At a virtual 150" it seems you'd want 1080p. Of course then they'd go over $1000 and no one would buy them.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jcaulley_74[/nom]I'll wait for a version that includes spacial recognition for gaming. I want a headset that knows when I turn my head and pans the view along with it. Imagine the advantages in FPS.[/citation]
Combine this with a Kinect sensor and an accelerometer and you have perfect virtual reality gaming.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
As I was unhappy this article didn't mention the products weight (at least as of this writing), which is very important with this sort of thing (neck fatigue), I searched it and found something about it on gizmodo. It's supposed to be light at 14.8 ounces, which is great. Here is the link. The reviewer was actually lucky enough to try one out and really liked it.

http://gizmodo.com/5835977/sonys-hmz+t1-is-an-awesome-oled-3dtv-that-you-wear-on-your-head

G

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Combine this with a Kinect sensor and an accelerometer and you have perfect virtual reality gaming.[/citation]

My first thought was the TrackIR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/)

G

I'll wait for the price to come down when they can't move them in the their projected numbers. In a year, they'll go new for under $500. But even at $800, it's still a inexpensive way to move into 3D without killing your bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.