Amazon Apparently Orders 1.2M Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Assuming its not just another generic iPad clone with Android slung on it doomed to failure. Really needs a top notch screen that can be used in daylight.

G

Lust that Bobcat ...
Lust that Bobcat ...
Lust that Bobcat ...

WOOOO !!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Daylight readability is a must for a reader, be it a tablet or not. I am talking true daylight readability, like the previous readers have, not based on increased brightness that kills battery life. If Amazon's pulls that AND manages to be a decent Android tablet at the same time, they have a winner. We need more specs published, not just rumors.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Don't care, Windows 8, is where it's at. Don't these guys realize, all these tablets basically do the same isht! Windows 8 will give me all the usability of the tablet form factor, but with the power of the PC, if I should choose to access it, that's a differentiator , a game changer. No Android or iOS specific app.

MS, is not going to miss the boat on this one, and my iPAD 2 is going right out the window when it hits the shores.

AMD APU + Windows 8 as someone already pointed out = glory.

G

@chronicbint

because the iPad can be read perfectly under sunlight.....

G

I would not pay double what the Nook color costs for the same functionality. And if I am paying $500, I'm gettin myself an iPad.

http://how2style.blogspot.com/

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
The Nook Color has a far larger installed base than the RIM Playbook. It may stealthily be the most successful Android tablet going.

For me, the readability of e-ink is critical in a reading device but that isn't universal. I three people who are very happy with their Nook Color, even though the B&W Nook or Kindle is also available for their use. (These are all married couple with his and hers e-readers but the choice of e-ink vs. color LCD seems to be all about the eyes and not gender.)

Status
Not open for further replies.