$999,999 (Fake) Bid for an iPhone 4 Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Maybe I've been under a rock the last year, but hasn't the iPhone 4 been out since last Summer? How can this possibly be news? Who would spend $2000 on a prototype when they can go to the store and get ripped of there for a full fledged production model, instead?

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
The production model is crap why would anyone want a prototype? I've had to replace my iP4 three times due to poor manufacturing QC.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bjaminnyc[/nom]The production model is crap why would anyone want a prototype? I've had to replace my iP4 three times due to poor manufacturing QC.[/citation]

Um, I think you'd just have to chalk that up as either you, or yours, are just too rough with it, or plain and simply the incredibly unlucky.. I don't know a single person that has had to replace their ip4 outside of breaking it due to negligence or upgrading it to a larger size. Heck, we are looking to use them in my building as business phones as we haven't had a problem with the couple we have, not to mention a couple other features we would like to have on our phones..

G

Guys!!!!!! This article is actually valid. It's special because it marks a new milestone in human stupidity. We know that people want everything from Apple, especially an inferior model of iPhone 4, but we don't know how much they'll pay for it. But thanks to Marcus Yam here, we now know that people will pay more than $50 for one.

Kudos to Marcus Yam for letting us in on the lengths that people will go to own something from Apple. Your foresight into this matter is quite remarkable.

Oh, and my 12 year old cousin really, really likes Apple as well, and he'd like to have a job where he could just write about Apple all day long. Could you guys hire him? He wants you guys because you guys do such a good job of this, and he sees your experience in this field to be quite valuable.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]scuba dave[/nom]Um, I think you'd just have to chalk that up as either you, or yours, are just too rough with it, or plain and simply the incredibly unlucky.. I don't know a single person that has had to replace their ip4 outside of breaking it due to negligence or upgrading it to a larger size. Heck, we are looking to use them in my building as business phones as we haven't had a problem with the couple we have, not to mention a couple other features we would like to have on our phones..[/citation]

3 major problems. 1) Microphone on headset did not work 2) Headphone jack stopped allowing me to change songs volume etc..3) Top button stopped working altogether. My phone is always in a protective case and I take relatively good care of it, zero cosmetic blemishes on any of them. I know what you’re thinking I just needed to hard reset, or backup and restore, or different headphones. I’m quite capable of trouble shooting by tech issues these things were just broken.

I’ve had every model (2,3,3gs,&4), and still have most of them in good shape repurposed as HTPC remotes around the house. I’ve had more problems with the iP4, than all other models combined. At this point, not due to the manufacturing failures of this model, I’m convinced that my next phone will be a android of some type.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
who cares ?
i will never own a smartphone with caps included.waste of money that is better spent elsewhere in my home.
you buy one and then the telcos hose you down but good.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
someone, somewhere must be bragging to his friends: "i bought a genuine iphone4 prototype cheap. the bidding went as high as $999999 but for some fortunate system glitch at ebay, i was able to buy it for $2000."
"Does it work?"
"No"

Status
Not open for further replies.