Sony Vaio FS550 Recovery CD

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2001
I recently got infected with a virus or a Trojan on my sony laptop. I backed up all my files that i wanted to save before re partitioning my harddrive. Before doing so i tried run the recovery wizard and it was disabled, and all my settings were changed, my anti virus wouldn't run anymore, there were constantly programs running and slowing my computer down. So now where i'm at right now is i spent the last day and a half looking for my recovery CD from sony, but they don't send them out anymore with the computers. I was supposed to make one, which i didn't. So now i installed a copy of windows xp which i had for my other computer, and doing that late last night and frustrated i re partitioned my harddrive, and now i have none of the software on my computer from sony. Now they want to me wait 7 business days and pay them 30 bucks for something that should have been shipped with the system. IMO. Well i need this system up and running it is my only portable system i have, and i am in need of it right now. What do i do? Does anyone know where i can get a recovery CD for this model? etc etc. All i need is the CD software bundle, i already have the product key for windows. This post is very rushed, and i hope i get a response today, at least something to run off of. Any info would be greatly appreciated, and i will check this in the evening. Thank you so very much all, and have a great day :)

douchrti

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2005
I took a look using Google and I think youre are out of luck for a quick fix. I read alot of posts at other forums saying they were not happy that no backup software arrived with their puter.
Sorry

Doug Woodall
[/http://www.spywarebiz.com

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2001
yes i figured :( i'll wait on it a bit more to hear the opinions of some others if any. This is the hardcore computer community at it's best so i figured i would have back up sources with mine. I have to wait at least 7 business days to get this Recovery CD so i figured mabey there's somewhere else i may download it now so i don't have to wait. We'll see. I'm looking for the back door, but all i see is the front :(