Report: Dual-core Nexus 3 Specs Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Oh man this may be what I've been waiting for. I really hope it will run at 1.5 GHz and have a qhd screen (on that note, when will phones have 720p screens? Just wondering). Also, I highly doubt it will have 1080p60 video capture, most are only 1080p24, which is a shame. Will this be the first phone to run ICS like how the nexus s was the first to run gingerbread?

cphorn15

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]stonedatheist[/nom] Will this be the first phone to run ICS like how the nexus s was the first to run gingerbread?[/citation]

It's all just rumor and speculation, but the rumor says that it's possible that the phone is in fact the reference model.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]stonedatheist[/nom]Oh man this may be what I've been waiting for. I really hope it will run at 1.5 GHz and have a qhd screen (on that note, when will phones have 720p screens? Just wondering). Also, I highly doubt it will have 1080p60 video capture, most are only 1080p24, which is a shame. Will this be the first phone to run ICS like how the nexus s was the first to run gingerbread?[/citation]

Tom's missed some specs, this thing is set to get a 720p screen at 4.3". Yes it will run Ice Cream, whether it's the first i don't know. And 1080 @ 30FPS is good.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]guanyu210379[/nom]I wonder who will get this project.HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG or seomone else?[/citation]
i home they will build it in collaboration with apple...hate me, but apple knows how to build some fancy looking hardware

G

Why would you want 720p on a 4-5" screen? This is beyond the resolution the human eye can see.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
HTC does not need Apples help to build a kickass phone

I think it would most likely be HTC since they are sort of Androids home for Snapdragon CPUs and only Motorola uses TI and no one really likes Motorola

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i home they will build it in collaboration with apple...hate me, but apple knows how to build some fancy looking hardware[/citation]

How many times do people have to say this: APPLE DOES NOT MANUFACTURE/BUILD/MAKE COMPONENTS they only "design" and for all we know that might be farmed out to a contractor too.
Google only works with manufacturers that can make and assemble the actual hardware which apple is not. It will not happen unless apple will open a factory none of the sudden.
The phone will most likely come form HTC or samsung, though google seem to be going through the companie list and maybe next will be LG or moto.

ares1214

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
720p is overkill given the size and viewing distance. In this scenario, Id rather a 4-4.3" screen, Iphone 4+ screen res, qHD would do, but most importantly, higher quality on the colours, such as some variation of OLED.

Diversian

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Well, if Toshiba is making the Nexus Tab, then maybe they were lucky enough to score a double. Since it's Ice-Cream Sandwich, would it be too much to ask that they give both HTC and Samsung a chance at a joint venture? I don't want it to be Toshiba, but them, LG, or Moto are probably the most likely candidates.

rashawn

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I'll get it if it's made by HTC, and has battery life (talk time) as good as the Nexus One, If they upped the camera to 8+Mega Pixels, that'd be a nice bonus.

Everyone google the HTC Blast, a concept phone that could arrive as early as September 2011. Now THOSE....are some pretty sick phone specs. 3 Mega Pixel front facing camera? Wow. If it weren't for the Nexus line getting updates so soon, I'd opt for the HTC Blast to replace my Nexus One instead of the Nexus 3.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Hoping HTC get it too, Would not be suprised to see it with Samsung or Motorola though, They do seem to be going for change rather than anything in particular.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
@eyesee 720p as a supported resolution in smartphones is great for those times you want to use them for netflix streaming over hdmi to the TV at native resolution.

@Ares1214 : What your asking for is what they are putting in the phone, you just don't realize it. 720p is higher dpi than the iphone, and the nexus one and s both user super amoled's.

@diversian : I wish Toshiba would sell phones in the American market. I would love a waterproof android with a physical keyboard(see regza phone) updated with a higher res screen, dual core CPU and Nexus badge.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]happyballz[/nom]How many times do people have to say this: APPLE DOES NOT MANUFACTURE/BUILD/MAKE COMPONENTS they only "design" and for all we know that might be farmed out to a contractor too. Google only works with manufacturers that can make and assemble the actual hardware which apple is not. It will not happen unless apple will open a factory none of the sudden.The phone will most likely come form HTC or samsung, though google seem to be going through the companie list and maybe next will be LG or moto.[/citation]
ok, i know that apple only designs their products and has other companies manufacture them...google could still learn a few things from apple as far as quality goes....apple has some high quality standards.... probably the best of any company

Status
Not open for further replies.