Free Games for All: PSN Store Back This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
I know a lot of Xbox user will have a go at Sony. But as a PS3 user I am pleased that Sony is compensating me for not being able to access a service that they were providing to me for FREE.
At worst someone has my email address. Even if they did get my card details, which is unlikely - card fraud is covered by the bank.
Now I get two free games and a trial of Playstation Plus to look forward to.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]I still like Sony. But they needed a good kick in the balls.[/citation]
lets take a good look at why

1 - they took out linux because a hacker said they may be able to pirate through it, not proven just MIGHT
2 - they poed the hacker comunity which led them to figure out the ps3,
3 - after figure out the ps3, they sued the hacker
4 - after further enrageing the hacker, (and non hackers, who wants to wait 15 minutes every other damn day to go online) they decided to supena the ip addresses of everyone who went to his blog (some 5 million total)
5 - this causes anon to go after them and the rest is history

at step 1 and 2 they just made the hackers mad
at 3 the hackers brought their steal toe spiked boots back as far as they could,
at step 4 they decided not to kick, but back up, they need a running start
at step 5 sony is left in a pool of its own vomit after going into shock, because one testicle just !#$%ing exploded, the other, though it had a sever case of testicular torsion, managed to pull through and not need to be removed.

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
kinda sux i get nothing from this all because i got my ps3 on the day psn went down....
since i didnt have a psn account BEFORE 21 April i get nothin...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Sony can suck my balls, never wanted to use them before and now I never will.

Their TVs suck ass, their Blurays players are not the best, their gaming community is not even in the top 3, their proprietary music players and memory stick formats are just a load of crap and their pricing structure would make even Steve Jobs blush.

The only thing Sony is any good at is forcing other manufacturers to up their game and produce a better product at a cheaper price.

Way to go.

rajaawad23

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
wow! free games, free playstation plus for a month and also FREE delivery on ARMAINI sunglasses!cant be happier lol

JackFrost860

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]I still like Sony. But they needed a good kick in the balls.[/citation]
I think that thay just got a kick in the balls ;)

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Man, ever since the PSN went down I've gotten a job, moved out of my parents house, and gotten a girl friend.

I can't want to play again.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
So, does anyone else see all this that has happened to Sony as a good thing like I do. From a consumer perspective one would hope that all this effort means that they have a more robust security model in place now and will be more pro-active at keeping an eye on it.

Sometimes you have to get burned to start doing things the right way.

Now I wonder if all the companies (Microsoft/Google/Apple) have learned something from this and have started re-evaluating their security models and procedures. I would hate to think that all they are doing is sitting back and scoffing at Sony when it should be viewed as a case of how important network security really is and at the very least protecting consumer data.

Microsoft ... Apple ... Google ... pretty much anyone on the internet who has our credit card information take notice, you could be next.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Sony can suck my balls, never wanted to use them before and now I never will.Their TVs suck ass, their Blurays players are not the best, their gaming community is not even in the top 3, their proprietary music players and memory stick formats are just a load of crap and their pricing structure would make even Steve Jobs blush.The only thing Sony is any good at is forcing other manufacturers to up their game and produce a better product at a cheaper price.Way to go.[/citation]

Uh .. Sony is one of the top TV manufacturers in the world, likely the highest quality. Samsung provides the best quality for price but Sony has best overall quality.

Blueray, bash it all you want, but technologically it was better than HD-DVD and that format is now dead. With the growth of streaming I am not sure how many more physical formats are going to exist beyond blue-ray but there are always people that want higher quality ... which means larger data formats .. which means a need for optical storage. I doubt you would want to wait for a 50GB movie to stream to your TV, and those guys out there with the 60 inch TV's don't want to sacrifice quality so they want their blue-rays.

I have never had an issue with the playstation network when it comes to playing games online. The Xbox 360's social networking and game matchup features are better but that goes along with the old saying "you pay for what you get". Xbox costs $$ PS3 was free. The PS3's strengths have been in its ability to be a multimedia device (Blue-ray, streaming video, game/movie/tv purchases, standards complaince with streaming servers) and Xbox strengths have been online gaming and social networking. The newer black xbox closed that gap a bit since its not as loud when playing DVDs.

Comparing anyone in the MP3 market to Apple is a waste of time at this point, Sony and other manufacturers created MP3 products because in that market there is pressure that when there is a cool type of product, every company has to put one on the market, even if they know they have no change of pulling down the top dog (apple=ipod=top dog). I doubt sony ever really looked at the that market seriously in fact you can see them distancing themselves from music and into video technology over the last 10 years (TV / Blue-ray / high quality sound equipment / etc)

Sony hardly knows how to make anything cheaper than anyone else.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]techguy911[/nom]Wow 2 free games that i already own and services that i will never use looks like class action law suit time for me.[/citation]

LMAO first you have to see if your parents will cover your legal fees to sue sony because you were unable to play your precious call of duty for a few weeks

i7Rocks

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]Bingo... its that and the new cards they setup in your name you and u to prove the charges werent you... PSN was "free" but you did pay for it when you bought the system... just cus xbox charges you for it directly doesnt make the others "free" its just bundle in the cost of the game / system..[/citation]

When you guys grow up and actually are able to get credit cards and take out loans you will discover that it takes a SSN to do anything, and of course that is not information sony has so not sure how you assume people can take you name and magically end up with credit cards in your name. Its ok, we were all dumb kids once, maybe talk to your parents about how credit works.

G

@i7Rocks

Whats the bet the crooks can obtain your SSN based upon personal information that might have been compromised, it's relatively easy to trick a service representative into believing your someone else just by answering a few 'secure questions', with 65% of your identity a crook could quite easily recreate/obtain the other 35%

but im pretty sure your SSN is impenetrably secure, i mean how many institutions have access to your SSN right.......

Status
Not open for further replies.