Sony BMG Greece Hacked, User Info Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]WR2[/nom]Déjà vu all over again?You'd think Sony might have had a clue this could happen.[/citation]

it's bad but I don't think Sony could've revamped it's whole global IT security in a few weeks.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
SQL injection, seriously guys?

Sony BMG must be cutting costs by hiring amateurs, no wonder they are getting their asses handed to them by script kiddies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]bren7473[/nom]How do they alienate their customer base? and I'm asking seriously not taking a stab.[/citation]
...rootkits...aggressive DRM...disabling features that customers paid for....
need I continue?

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
That's what you get when you want everything done online!
Forget cloud serving, forget online MMO's! Back to the days when you can play a game offline without being forced to go online and create an account!
And add into that multi player!
The pattern online multiplaying with perhaps an extension to play offline does not work!
Reverse it does!

G

[citation][nom]house70[/nom]...rootkits...aggressive DRM...disabling features that customers paid for....need I continue?[/citation]

No, you need not continue. Your examples don't carry any weight. The population of people who bought a PS3 for Linux (1st model PS3 only) are very small. As far as aggressive DRM goes, why wouldn't they. It's not a PC and was never designed to run pirated games (granted, someone like you would only use the lack of DRM for personal copies of games that you legal bought)

We can play the "I bought an item and I can use it however I want" game all day, but at the end of the day you?/we bought a PS3, knowingly that there would be restrictions. I'm fine with people hacking consoles, but when it is used for nefarious purposes that affect other gamers and the publishers I have no sympathy.

Sony, aside from the recent publicity relating to Geohotz and the attacks on PSN, I cannot see how Sony has alienated its fan base. Unlike Xbox Live, PSN is free, sure it could be better, but its FREE! The PSN on the PS3 is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS2 (yeah, I know its obvious), but Sony has only improved it's system. I don't Sony has alienated people, I just think it has failed to attract people in the first place. And with the current publicity it's going to be even harder. Having a Xbox 360, then a PS3 overall seemed to make console gaming more enjoyable.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
this is a good thing...it forces security companies to put out better products...it still sucks if you are on the receiving end

G

[citation][nom]dcompart[/nom]No, you need not continue. Your examples don't carry any weight. The population of people who bought a PS3 for Linux (1st model PS3 only) are very small. As far as aggressive DRM goes, why wouldn't they. It's not a PC and was never designed to run pirated games (granted, someone like you would only use the lack of DRM for personal copies of games that you legal bought)We can play the "I bought an item and I can use it however I want" game all day, but at the end of the day you?/we bought a PS3, knowingly that there would be restrictions. I'm fine with people hacking consoles, but when it is used for nefarious purposes that affect other gamers and the publishers I have no sympathy.Sony, aside from the recent publicity relating to Geohotz and the attacks on PSN, I cannot see how Sony has alienated its fan base. Unlike Xbox Live, PSN is free, sure it could be better, but its FREE! The PSN on the PS3 is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS2 (yeah, I know its obvious), but Sony has only improved it's system. I don't Sony has alienated people, I just think it has failed to attract people in the first place. And with the current publicity it's going to be even harder. Having a Xbox 360, then a PS3 overall seemed to make console gaming more enjoyable.[/citation]

No, you need not continue. Your examples don't carry any weight. The population of people who bought a PS3 for Linux (1st model PS3 only) are very small and did not care to see it leave. As far as aggressive DRM goes, why wouldn't they. It's not a PC and was never designed to run pirated games (granted, someone like you would only use the lack of DRM for personal copies of games that you legal bought)

We can play the "I bought an item and I can use it however I want" game all day, but at the end of the day you?/we bought a PS3, knowingly that there would be restrictions. I'm fine with people hacking consoles, but when it is used for nefarious purposes that affect other gamers and the publishers I have no sympathy.

Sony, aside from the recent publicity relating to Geohotz and the attacks on PSN, I cannot see how Sony has alienated its fan base. Unlike Xbox Live, PSN is free, sure it could be better, but its FREE! The PSN on the PS3 is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS2 (yeah, I know its obvious), but Sony has only improved its system. I don't think Sony has alienated people, I just think it has failed to attract people in the first place. And with the current publicity it's going to be even harder. Having a Xbox 360, then a PS3 overall seemed to make console gaming more enjoyable.

lankystreak

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
[citation][nom]bren7473[/nom]How do they alienate their customer base? and I'm asking seriously not taking a stab.[/citation]

by arresting the hacker? good on them

all they are doing is protecting their brand by pursuing the thieves. they ought to brick all the consoles that have been jailbroken too

:)

G

Poor Sony. Wanna visit them here : http://mytechnoisland.blogspot.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.