Microsoft Anti-Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Ever since I've installed this program I've notice it takes my computer much longer to shut down. But if I shut down the program first the delay is not there.

Anyone else notice this and/or have an explanation?

....WW (5.0)

riser

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Microsoft bought out a company called, i believe, Giant that made the antispyware program. I'm sure it's just scanning your computer.. you can go in and make changes to the beta software.. but remember, it's beta so they have no clue what problems it'll cause on a large scale.. alpha testing, which is internal and in a small test lab in a controlled environment.. beta.. yeah they just use us to find problems..

Riser

Zoron

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I haven't really noticed any delay in shutdown myself... have installed it on a few machines.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

riser

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
It was a Beta, which could account for your problems.
Should have asked you to check your System Performance/Processes to see what was bogging your computer down.

Riser

TheCh0s3n1

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
There is only one problem I've encountered while using MS AntiSpyware: It seems to cause Spybot S&D to experience a checksum Error while Spybot performs updates. Shutting down MS AntiSpyware temporarily rectifies the problem. This has happened on several machines I have used in one of our computer labs and my office computers.

As for delays in shutting down, I have not had that problem while MS AntiSpyware was installed.

sciboi66

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2005
I've been usuing MS Anti-spyware for a few months now. I have never really had a problem with it. I usually install it on computers that I have worked on if they don't have another progam that they are using.

jheine

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I've seen that too. Sometimes it can be fixed by starting Spybot in Safemode, then shutting it down and starting normal.

I've also heard that MS Antispyware can slowly corrupt some other antispyware databases. I haven't experienced it on my PC, but it ould explain some issues people are having with multiple spyware apps.

Jarrett

Status
Not open for further replies.