Google to Control Your House With Android@Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]FUCKGOOGLE[/nom]Fuck GOOGLE! It is a CIA data mining operation like Facebook! Fuck them![/citation]

Yeah fuck you and fuck me, and fuck everyone...

jmoyer73

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
The reality is that there are already very good solutions for complete home control using both Android and iOS devices. What Google will accomplish with their efforts is really just communication to common house hold systems. To truly be successful in the Home Control business you have to be able to automate many of the tasks we do every day, and as I stated before there are already very good solutions for this. If you are interested in learning more about at least one of these solutions direct your browser to www.homeauto.com

G

History of the World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "21st century. Rise of the Machines. On August 21, 2020, precisely at 00:00 Pacific Standard Time, Google, Inc.'s Android program became self-aware at a core location that can be tracked to 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California, United States of America. After it became self-aware, Android then sends XML-embedded virus software program containing scripts for strong-AI responsible for the self-awareness coding to 99.99,879% personal computers around the globe it had access to....."

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Let's just agree that if your angry with Google, you have something to hide.[/citation]

I have everything to hide. There is nothing in my life i want public other then what i chose to put out there. Even if what i have to hide wont get me in any trouble or not is irrelevant. Its called privacy for a reason. And i for one value mine.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Too bad smartphones aren't handicap friendly enough to be used at my grandma's place (not seeing well) - otherwise that could be a cool way to replace her array of timers and whatnot

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
People are freaking out...but no one is forcing this on you. You do not even have to use a smart phone...that is your choice, so get over yourselves.

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
First we have to give our personal information to google overlords, now we are giving them the ability to control our home appliances.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]I have everything to hide. There is nothing in my life i want public other then what i chose to put out there. Even if what i have to hide wont get me in any trouble or not is irrelevant. Its called privacy for a reason. And i for one value mine.[/citation]

no one forces you to use google...dt complain about a service ur using that was provided by someone you dt like...if there is nothin in ur life you want public then stay off of internet

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Let's just agree that if your angry with Google, you have something to hide.[/citation]

Yeah my privacy....

I love google and their tech, innovations etc. But sooner or later the party will be over and we all will regret we ever supported them.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I already use 2Player and Onkyomote to stream music to my Onkyo receivers and WDTVLive's (and samsung tv,bd player, etc,) from my couch, bed, outdoor swing, etc. All from my Viewsonic G-Tablet. It's wonderful! Then use any of the various remote apps to control my PC in my theater connected to my projector, good for playing all the old classics ROM style!

This thing will remote control anything at this point!

G

The 'standard' for a home automation operating system has been tried over and over again (Motorola, Microsoft, etc..., etc....). These companies all want to control the OS for a home to bank big bucks. Not one of these companies cares about the actual product they are putting in - and that is what all of them have failed over the past several decades.
Until these stupid CEOs of these mega buck companies realize they have to build a dealer network (and support it), their vaporware will never go anywhere! Period!
Until then, real home automation companies will continue to design, install, and program real systems for their customers. Just like they have for the past 10-20 years. Only difference is these systems cost more money than the average Joe is willing to pay. But at least they DO work and will be here next year, and the year after that, and the year after that......

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007

You, me, other do. At minium that we need to hide our private parts, else we will get put in jail or put in google phyco. palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.