Your question
Closed

Google to Control Your House With Android@Home

Tags:
  • Android
  • Google
Last response: in Streaming Video & TVs
May 11, 2011 5:25:24 AM

FUCKGOOGLEFuck GOOGLE! It is a CIA data mining operation like Facebook! Fuck them!

Yeah fuck you and fuck me, and fuck everyone...
Score
May 11, 2011 5:34:06 AM

"Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you... you're cool... fuck you, and fuck you! I'm out!"
Score
Related resources
May 11, 2011 5:46:38 AM

Let's just agree that if your angry with Google, you have something to hide.
Score
May 11, 2011 5:48:43 AM

The reality is that there are already very good solutions for complete home control using both Android and iOS devices. What Google will accomplish with their efforts is really just communication to common house hold systems. To truly be successful in the Home Control business you have to be able to automate many of the tasks we do every day, and as I stated before there are already very good solutions for this. If you are interested in learning more about at least one of these solutions direct your browser to www.homeauto.com
Score
Anonymous
May 11, 2011 6:40:08 AM

History of the World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "21st century. Rise of the Machines. On August 21, 2020, precisely at 00:00 Pacific Standard Time, Google, Inc.'s Android program became self-aware at a core location that can be tracked to 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California, United States of America. After it became self-aware, Android then sends XML-embedded virus software program containing scripts for strong-AI responsible for the self-awareness coding to 99.99,879% personal computers around the globe it had access to....."
Score
May 11, 2011 7:08:55 AM

joytech22Let's just agree that if your angry with Google, you have something to hide.

I have everything to hide. There is nothing in my life i want public other then what i chose to put out there. Even if what i have to hide wont get me in any trouble or not is irrelevant. Its called privacy for a reason. And i for one value mine.
Score
May 11, 2011 8:51:39 AM

Oh Google. The omnipresent eye in your life.
Score
May 11, 2011 12:03:19 PM

Nope, never going to happen for me. Google never damn well finishes anything before jumping to the next release/version/thing.
Score
May 11, 2011 12:16:28 PM

Too bad smartphones aren't handicap friendly enough to be used at my grandma's place (not seeing well) - otherwise that could be a cool way to replace her array of timers and whatnot
Score
May 11, 2011 12:26:08 PM

you still need to get some kind of a powerful receiver attached to the equipment you want to control....tks but no tks
Score
May 11, 2011 1:15:51 PM

People are freaking out...but no one is forcing this on you. You do not even have to use a smart phone...that is your choice, so get over yourselves.
Score
May 11, 2011 1:38:56 PM

First we have to give our personal information to google overlords, now we are giving them the ability to control our home appliances.
Score
May 11, 2011 2:03:24 PM

EnFoRceR22I have everything to hide. There is nothing in my life i want public other then what i chose to put out there. Even if what i have to hide wont get me in any trouble or not is irrelevant. Its called privacy for a reason. And i for one value mine.

no one forces you to use google...dt complain about a service ur using that was provided by someone you dt like...if there is nothin in ur life you want public then stay off of internet
Score
May 11, 2011 2:33:17 PM

joytech22Let's just agree that if your angry with Google, you have something to hide.

Yeah my privacy....

I love google and their tech, innovations etc. But sooner or later the party will be over and we all will regret we ever supported them.
Score
May 11, 2011 2:42:50 PM

I already use 2Player and Onkyomote to stream music to my Onkyo receivers and WDTVLive's (and samsung tv,bd player, etc,) from my couch, bed, outdoor swing, etc. All from my Viewsonic G-Tablet. It's wonderful! Then use any of the various remote apps to control my PC in my theater connected to my projector, good for playing all the old classics ROM style!

This thing will remote control anything at this point!
Score
May 11, 2011 3:49:35 PM

The next step after Android@Home will be Android@MyBrain, in this project will control and monitor our thoughts and ideas.
Score
Anonymous
May 11, 2011 4:19:15 PM

The 'standard' for a home automation operating system has been tried over and over again (Motorola, Microsoft, etc..., etc....). These companies all want to control the OS for a home to bank big bucks. Not one of these companies cares about the actual product they are putting in - and that is what all of them have failed over the past several decades.
Until these stupid CEOs of these mega buck companies realize they have to build a dealer network (and support it), their vaporware will never go anywhere! Period!
Until then, real home automation companies will continue to design, install, and program real systems for their customers. Just like they have for the past 10-20 years. Only difference is these systems cost more money than the average Joe is willing to pay. But at least they DO work and will be here next year, and the year after that, and the year after that......
Score
May 11, 2011 4:40:25 PM

You, me, other do. At minium that we need to hide our private parts, else we will get put in jail or put in google phyco. palace.
Score
May 11, 2011 4:42:22 PM

Oh what
Score
May 11, 2011 5:01:09 PM

How about Android@Car? Don't feel like driving anymore.... :D 
Score
May 11, 2011 6:56:50 PM

Alright, let's just forget for a moment all the tinfoil hat theories about how google execs are going to break into your house and drink your milk or create humanoid robots that govern your state into the ground. Reality is that this would be a criminal's best friend. What are you going to automate with Android, your security system, your lights, your locks? I can't even trust most apps with my contact info, I certainly don't want them controlling my home.

Use it if you want, but don't complain when you come home to an emptied house because you're too lazy to get off the couch and turn the thermostat down yourself.
Score
May 11, 2011 8:36:41 PM

wawa sxmno one forces you to use google...dt complain about a service ur using that was provided by someone you dt like...if there is nothin in ur life you want public then stay off of internet

You really really suck at reading. I don't use it i don't plan on using it and I'm sure as hell not complaining about it. I made a statement based on a comment made by someone else that had vary little to do with this stupid technology google is pushing. And like i said i don't want my personal info public aside from WHAT I PROVIDE. Being on the internet doesn't change that. Also i hate you idiots that take everything so damn literal that you assume crap.

As far as this home operated junk goes. don't see a point at all. I mean other then hacking other peoples houses to turn their lights on when they are sleeping and hot water off when they shower or hmm maybe their over up and down when they try to make dinner :p  maybe ring their doorbell over and over for kicks. Opps i just turned off your alarm clock sorry!
Score
Anonymous
May 12, 2011 3:02:59 AM

android.process.refrigeration stopped responding force resart?
Score
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS