CNet: Sony Will Be Hit a 3rd Time This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Sony seem to be on a very steep slope in gaining PR that only seem to get worse each day, The "Thank you for letting our poor security drop your info (and perhaps even your credit card), here is 15$ for it" is a ridiculous joke!

I would guess most people wont sell their credit card for 15$!?

particleman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I guess they can't just pull the network cable out and disconnect entirely from the internet until this gets all fixed?

kinda ballsy to say you are going to attack. No element of surprise and more chance of getting caught and facing jail time.

-PM

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
We're mad that you took down PSN and how you handled it so we're going to hack you again and make PSN be down even longer...

Also, the first rule of hacking is don't talk about future hacking

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
"The people involved plan to publicize all or some of the information they are able to copy from Sony's servers, which could include customer names, credit card numbers, and addresses, according to the source," writes Ogg. "The hackers claim they currently have access to some of Sony's servers."

What dicks, they are not attacking just Sony but are attacking everyone else as well if they publicise that info. People suck.....

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
The only thing this will result in is Sony having to spend money on a high-end online security team - and charging people a mandatory XBL-like fee to pay for it.

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
[citation][nom]droking[/nom]Im so glad I am a PC fan wooot![/citation]
*facepalm* This effects PC users too. SOE got hacked too. They run PC games like EverQuest, EverQuest II, Star Wars Galaxies, etc.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Can someone please explain to me how hacking a server and distributing user names, passwords, email addresses, credit card info, etc is helpful to the users? Are these people who do business with Sony evil?

G

Well, the hackers are overconfident and arrogant and think even though they told everyone theres going to be an attack and also probably think that nothing in the world will stop them. I also think there is a chance they are just spreading false information to hurt SOE even more cause they have a mentality of a child and they just want to flex there hacking skill muscles because they were picked on in school...or maybe still are.

G

kilo_17, I think it's mainly because of GeoHotz, that one guy who hacked the PS3 openly and made a blog, and how they sued him. I honestly think this is such a huge waste of time. Who really cares? Why does there need to be conflict? Can't people just live their lives and be able to play some video games once in a while?

leon12

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
I am very disappointed in the hackers lately they need to leave Sony alone all I want is to play online who cares about the features that the PS3 had and Sony took it away the system was meant to be an online playing console. And what geohot did was the start yes i understand he just wanted homebrew apps and the other OS but other hackers took it a step further they made it where you can pirate games and cheat in online lobbies. I just wish these dumb a$$ hackers stop messing with Sony there not helping the people they said they were there hurting the players more than Sony. So F*ck off you hackers

siman0

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
what pisses everyone else off sony f ing with the playstation's features and now starting to charge people for shit when it was free. Sony has been arogant as hell when it comes to the playstation 3 they had the right to because it's the most powerfull of the big 3 still to this day xbox has or now had halo and gears of war that was it....playstation has a buch of stuff but when sony is heading after people for jail braking the playstation 3 and removing stuff to make it not posible to use it it ticked the hacking comunity off now we have this mess to deal with...

Status
Not open for further replies.