G

The Email for dell and the configuration is 1299 and duel 8800GT

ap90033

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Are you guys on crack? Check out Gateways latest-
http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668019.php

Intel® Core? 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (2.40GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB cache)1
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (32-bit)
3072MB 667MHz Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2-1024MB modules & 2-512MB modules)
500GB 7200rpm Serial ATA II/300 hard drive w/ 16MB cache2
18X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti Drive featuring Labelflash?3
Stunning Jet-Black Finish with Copper Metallic Accents
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GT w/ 512MB, Dual DVI-I Dual link TV Out (Factory Overclocked) w/ VGA adapter
High-Performance 15-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader

Note it has 3 gig ram and Factory Overclocked 8800GT and its $979...
Sounds like a nice alternative, actually I would prefer the stronger cheaper system from Gateway... Oh and for $1350 you can get this in a Laptop model P6831FX it is quite powerful as well...

ap90033

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
PS- Everyone I talk to tells me to stay away from SLI because of issues, and no real performance difference on my 22 inch lcd so I would rather have a more powerful single solution, but thats just me...

random1283

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Jeez the PCmark 05 scores aren't that great my "OlD" E6750 with a 8600GT gets 7622 pcmark and 33k drystone mips in SISOFT sandra and mine cost less if your getting prebuilt buy a gateway

G

ap9003

Obviously you're not comparing apples to apples. So you can copy and paste specs and see that 2 is greater than 1. Gateway 400watt PS as to 750watt from dell. Dell has 650i SLI chipset as to the Intel G33 Viiv. Gateway has to up the anty in other areas so numb minded people like you will be like oooooooo 1 more gig of ram, overclocked gimmicks. You will have stability issues with Gateway if you add anymore hardware. You know what...forget it. You get what you pay for. GG go back to your MMO

G

Does the BIOS allow for any overclocking in this 630? There was no mention in the article that it's overclockable. I see you can get the QX6850 as a $950 upgrade, and would nice to be able to oc it.

angus1000

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
I went to Dell's website but didn't see the E8200 processor as a choice for the XPS 630 - as mentioned in this article. Did Dell pull this processor at the last minute?

angus1000

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
I went to Dell's website but didn't see the E8200 processor as a choice for the XPS 630 - as mentioned in this article. Did Dell pull this processor at the last minute?

angus1000

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008

G

It appears the default specs are different on Dells site. Now the Base XPS 630 comes with a Intel® Core?2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.40GHz,1066FSB) not the E8200 mentioned in the article.

G

What type of 750 Watt power supply????? Who cares if its 1000watts if its junk you know?

G

Ok, First off the FX540B price $949.99, keep in mind that is without 3 year tech support and the 15 month security pack. Which in my eye to the basic joe is well worth it. Also the video card is a 256mb 8600 GS. The only un-configured thing thats a match is the CPU. And if you want anything that is remotely close to the base model of the dell then you have to get the FX540S and that might perform at the same level of Dells base model. So now let?s look at the FX540XG, Definitely a good pc. But now you?re looking at 2899.99 without tech support and anti virus software. But if you are willing to spend 2899.99 for the Gateway then you really wouldn?t be looking at a low budget gaming computer would you.

Guess you weren?t really thinking when you tried comparing the 2 systems. Also if SLI was so bad, would you honestly think it would still be around or even used at this point? And I can say that if people are having problems with their SLI it most likely because of Configuration issues within their PC. Or a miss match of parts. That is why they write reviews. So you can read and compare to ensure that you will not have compatibility issues.

Next time check your facts before you post something comparing it to another product.

G

CommonPeopleWithCommonMinds

Obviously you're not comparing apples to apples.
NO REALLY??? I thought they said there wasnt ANY system that came close, and I thought this was supposed to be a budget gaming pc.

So you can copy and paste specs and see that 2 is greater than 1. Gateway 400watt PS as to 750watt from dell.
So? I can get a 750 watt power supply that I wouldnt install in an emachine.. Numbers (750 watts) are not the end all with power suppllies if you haven't heard. What is the brand? Effeciency at 40 degrees C? Stuff like that matters, now Im not saying the gateway one is better but maybe it is more accurate, you never know.

Dell has 650i SLI chipset as to the Intel G33 Viiv.
650i ohhh ahhhh sorry dont care, if i am in the market for a "budget" pc Im not really all that concerned with "sli" nor the issues associated (actual performance in my games and resolution, drivers)... budget gaming pc needs to be cheap, stable and a "decent" performer. Also keep in mind most who are looking for a cheap gaming pc arent gaming on a 30 inc lcd at ultra high res. They are more likely gaming at lower res which to a large extent negates SLI anyway.

Gateway has to up the anty- Now here we agree I think they have decided to try to compete on a higher level... :)
in other areas so numb minded people like you- Wow arent you nice, troglodyte...
will be like oooooooo 1 more gig of ram, -for Vista and especially gaming in Vista most "IT" pros would agree. Not that you would...

overclocked gimmicks. -Guess you have never EVER seen any reviews of the Overclocked or Superclocked 8800GT's (I have an EVGA Superclocked myself). FYI they do pretty good, and factory OC means you KEEP the Warranty! You know i thought dinosaurs like yourself were extinct, I remember years ago when the vast majority made all sorts of claims about overclocking, man how things have changed. Well maybe not in your opinion. Which you are free to have of course :)
You will have stability issues with Gateway if you add anymore hardware. WOW really? I would like to know how you can say that as fact when it SOUNDS so much like ones opinion???
I personally have a Superclocked 8800GT, Giagbyte P965-DS3 rev 2.0, Core 2 E6600 @ 3.2 GHZ, 3 SATA HARD Drives (400gig), 3 Dual Layer DVD Burners, usb mouse and keyboard all with a 430 Watt power supply, now of course its a GOOD brand not generic. Guess thats why it NEVER has ANY issues (runs 24/7). So I dont really believe your point is 100% accurate you could say the same about the "750" watt Oh and before you start screaming about its SLI approved or certified that doesnt mean all that much to the trained eye. More of a, how you say, marketing gimmick. Yeah thats it... lol

I am sure you disagree with all of this and Dell is uber I suppose. Please feel free to live in that bubble you are currently in. I just thought I would give 1 and only one shot at giving you something you havent seen I think... A different perspective. I tried to not be negative and tried to be mature. So unless you are 12 keep the "numb minded" remards to yourself. I just stated my opinion that there was another system that could easily have compared to that one for less money. Giving people options is a good thing, its what makes our economy grow. Have a great day!
You know what...forget it. You get what you pay for. GG go back to your MMO-- Sad dont be so CLOSED MINDED.... :)

G

Lets me just say that my post was in regards to the First Page remarks.

ap90033

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
FYI I posted on the FX7024 Factoid so I dont know who you are talking to??? If you click (with the left mouse button) the link i posted you will see this model with the exact specs i posted. Geez what is the deal today? Guys cmon, lets be nice and quit looking for a reason to rip one another. Ok? OK!
Anyway the system I posted was much better dont you agree? LOL

G

Sorry about that then, For some odd reason I thought you where refering to the FX540. Althought will agree, I would rather build one of my own then buy a pre-built.

Status
Not open for further replies.