Recession Denial: Designer Gadgets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stardude82

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Rich people sure sound stupid reading your list. The internals of those items look questionable. The Bently laptop had a Turion processor (yuck) and Pentax hasn't been a player in quality SLR for a while. I have a 2 year old Pentax SLR, it has Samsung internals; It's not great and neither are any of the Samsung SLRs. I'm sure the cellphones also have disappointing internals (the inclusion of the Razr confirms it).

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]TheMan1214[/nom]Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite USB Key ($450) that picture didn't work for me....but who buys these things i ask myself[/citation]
Thanks, we're working on the image problem...

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]stardude82[/nom]Rich people sure sound stupid reading your list. The internals of those items look questionable. The Bently laptop had a Turion processor (yuck) and Pentax hasn't been a player in quality SLR for a while. I have a 2 year old Pentax SLR, it has Samsung internals; It's not great and neither are any of the Samsung SLRs. I'm sure the cellphones also have disappointing internals (the inclusion of the Razr confirms it).[/citation]
That's exactly right: Most of this gear does not include the most advanced components and features on the market! Isn't that incredible? The most expensive stuff is not necessarily the best stuff.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I heard Bentley keeps leftover boards (real wood paneling) and sheets of leather from when they make your car. That way, if something needs to be replaced in the future, it comes from the same animal, tree, etc... so it better matches with everything else already in the car.

Still, that computer looks more like a purse to me.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
About saying that many people of great wealth are unintelligent...
I have spent a considerable amount of time in one of the millionaire playgorunds in my city, a private airport. Of all the people I met, I only met 1 who had any college/university level education (he was a lawyer), but yet I have found many who haven't graduated fomr high school (with one man having a grade 5 education, coincidently owning a electronic store chain).

G

super lame no wonder there are starving people in this world

Status
Not open for further replies.