Android Vulnerable to New Flash Player Hacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Almost nobody is silly enough to open attachments like those or dangerous websites, but of course those less knowledgeable could unknowingly be infected.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I haven't used Flash for a long time. It's been disabled since I've installed Firefox 3.6. Hope Flash would phase out soon.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
Some one please quickly replace Adobe! I can't stand that their products keep having security vulnerabilities given that they are not as complex as an OS, and I am so tired of seeing Flash Player/Reader updates each time I boot up my system or use their products! HTML5, please replace Flash completely ASAP! Someone please replaces the Reader as well!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]martel80[/nom]You have an alternative to Adobe's Reader, like Foxit pdf reader.[/citation]
Was just about to say that, then I refreshed guessing somebody would have said that exactly, and you did. :)

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Does Android even have native support for .xls files? I have never tried opening one, but i know I havent installed any apps for excel support.

G

I'm not a big fan of flash but I realy don't see how getting rid of it will get rid of malware. Hackers have fun finding ways to exploite systems at every level and exploits for HTML5 will eventualy make there way out. Some web site are now starting to use HTLM5 add banners. There realy is now way arrond these problems and getting rid of flash will do little to solve any of this.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]The day we can stop using Flash is the day we have a big win against malware.[/citation]
People will just figure out how to exploit some other flaw in the next big thing. It's never going to be a war you can win.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Almost nobody is silly enough... ...those less knowledgeable could unknowingly be infected.[/citation]

It is because of that reason alone(well, that and irrational consumer fear..) that Norton, and the like have been able to thrive. Everyone thinks they won't be infected. But unfortunately, most people are less knowledgeable and end up compromised. And I fully expect a rather large number to fall victim to this. Number wise.. Not proportional.

ohseus

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Odd I don't see the the people who always complain that the I Phone doesn't run Flash commenting on this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.