Lawsuit Says Google Stole Trade Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Well, doesn't matter if they are bankrupt or not. If Google did use their proprietary information in their own product after they terminated a contract to develop, produce and provide the same service through this company, then they deserve to be sued and deserve to pay damages. Sounds like if true they did exactly what Microsoft did to that XML company ID4 and they won a whole lot of money from Microsoft.

erhardm

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
It seems that Google has some habits of stealing code and using technologies without a license. I'm not surprised to see this here. Me thinks lately Google is abusing because of his position a lot.

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]digitalvampire[/nom]In America, more money is spent every year on lawyer fees than on R&D. Anybody wonder why we aren't doing so well?[/citation]We're not doing so well? lol I wonder what do well looks like?

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]erhardm[/nom]It seems that Google has some habits of stealing code and using technologies without a license. I'm not surprised to see this here. Me thinks lately Google is abusing because of his position a lot.[/citation]

Accused, but there are a lot of accusations that are just bullcrap. Google has made a lot of enemies in some of their more philinthropic actions, people who would not mind seeing all the free handy tools dissapear and be replaced by expensive pay services.

I'll wait to see what Google has to say before judging too much. The last patent they talk about is kind of on the lame side. Just seems the natural thing to do with multiple phone numbers.

Keep in mind, these days its about litigation, not innovation. You patent a bunch of ideas no matter if you intend to use it or make a product. Half the time you submit a bunch of patents all for the same thing in hope of getting some through. With an overworked patent office, they often will not check them so well. Often prior art is widely available, yet its never checked.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]pinkfloydminnesota[/nom]We're not doing so well? lol I wonder what do well looks like?[/citation]

Gold toilet paper and a 6" miniature pet giraffe.

BS anyway... we spend tons on R&D

Status
Not open for further replies.