Android Increases Market Share Sixfold in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Not surprising for Android since it is sold by every cell service provider. Win Phone 7 got nice reviews but may be too little too late. Also Apple will eventually engineer the iPhone to be universal but for it is making the most money by subsidizing the iPhone to the biggest service providers.

But good for Google since it is ALL about competition and if iOS, Android, Win Phone 7, etc can keep each other on their toes then the consumer will benefit.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I personally own a Galaxy S and I love it, Android is a Fantastic OS and is about as good as it gets when we start talking about tweaking and customizing.

iOS is as good as it gets when people want a device that can combine all of a persons daily internet tasks as well as app's into a device that anybody can learn to use in minutes without the "Hassles" of customization or something.

Windows Phone 7 was just late to the market, it has a very highly polished and optimized high-performance OS but hasn't got the marketing nor fanbase that it needs to get a good start, Microsoft did good but it took them so long most of us Windows Mobile users (me) got bored and decided to try new things.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Love how quickly comments above have written off MS's offering. Wait until next year when their MS office tools roll out and get upgrades for the business sector. And really wait until games start rolling through that platform. As with the PC world unless Android establishes a very strong developer base for gaming I've a feeling MS will dominate in the future. If anything, we're lucky right now that MS is so far behind on market share. If win phone 7 had come out earlier I don't think the picture would look as it does right now. Then again, same goes for Android vs. Apple.

Bottom line is, it's too early to predict how successful MS will be in this market. All I know is that if I was to choose between MS and IOS I'd be choosing win phone 7 right now big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.