Keeping drivers updated is a well-known way of maximizing the security and performance of any computer or device. The HP Spectre X360 is no different. With drivers being updated all the time, they offer security updates, bug fixes and performance and feature enhancements. All great reasons to keep your laptop up to date. The BIOS can offer performance improvements too. Here’s how to all drivers and BIOS on a HP Spectre X360.
Driver and BIOS update for HP Spectre X360
HP do a good job supporting their products and the refreshed HP Spectre X360 is no different. It has its own support page listing all drivers, apps and updates available for the machine. You can use this page or you can use Windows Update, the choice is yours but it is good practice to do both.
1. Boot up your HP Spectre X360.
2. Click the Windows 10 start button and select the cog icon to access Settings.
3. Select Update & Security and Advanced options.
4. Check the box next to Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows. This will also update audio, video and other drivers depending on what HP makes available to Windows.
5. Go back to Update & Security and select Check for Updates.
6. Allow Windows to download and install all updates it finds. Depending on the last time you did this, it could take less than a minute or as many as 25-30 minutes.
7. Navigate to the HP Spectre X360 support webpage. Work your way through the list updating any and all that need it. Leave BIOS until last.
8. Select BIOS and download and install the update. The BIOS update will likely need a reboot or two. This is normal.
Perform these steps regularly or automate them to keep everything up to date.