However for security reasons, especially when you mostly use your Android device in public, you may want to hide the password visibility so that no one is able to view the characters in your password as you type them.
Hiding password visibility in any of your Android devices is easy. Here is how you can get it done:
- Switch on your Android phone by pressing the power button.
- Tap the menu icon to display the apps list.
- From the available icons, tap Settings.
- On the Settings interface, under the PERSONAL section, tap Security.
- Once the Security window opens up, under the PASSWORDS section, tap to uncheck the Make passwords visible checkbox.
- Once done, close the Settings window and try typing the password in any ‘Password’ field, and note that the characters are no longer visible, even for a fraction of a second.
Note: After hiding the password visibility, make sure you type correct characters of your passwords in the Password fields. Since there would be no way left to check you typed the password correctly, in case of incorrectly typed characters, you may need to type the passwords multiple times.