The Deactivate option is available under the Security category on your Facebook account settings when you access your profile from a desktop PC or laptop computer. On the other hand, in order to deactivate your Facebook account via mobile phone, you must access the Account Settings window of your profile from your phone, and you will find the Deactivate option under the General category.
Here is how you can deactivate your Facebook account using your Android smartphone:
- Turn your Android phone.
- Tap the Menu button to go to the apps list.
- Locate and tap the Facebook icon.
- To sign in to your Facebook account, provide the login credentials in the appropriate fields, and tap the Log-In button.
- Once the News Feed page opens up, tap the More button (button with three horizontal lines) on the top-right corner of the interface.
- On the More window, tap the Account Settings button under the HELP & SETTINGS section.
- On the Settings window, tap the General category.
- On the window that opens up, tap the Deactivate link available in the Accounts section.
- On the Enter Password window, enter your password in the available field and tap Continue to deactivate your Facebook account.